Chair from Ikea

Bernie

Featured Posts

Hi Chris

No i accept it is not all crap, and they make some stuff that looks good. but i never have liked the bulk of the things they sell.

I belive back in the 60s-70s you told them the amount of rooms in your house and size of the rooms,and along came a van and they furnished the full house for you.

Maff

untill last year i have not had any jeans for 30 years, my daughter took me to see meat loaf for a farthers day presi and would not let me go in usual attire, so i went to the trendy shop next to the office, and bought said jeans and a top from fcuk or something like that, and nearley fell over when the shop girl said " i can do you these at the sale price, that will be £110 please" i would normaly get 2 shirts and tyes annd 2 pairs of trousers for that, and some change.

then i saw some in asda for £4 so i bought them for working on the boat in, those i ware i have not worn the others again. in case i spoil them. :D

Maff

untill last year i have not had any jeans for 30 years, my daughter took me to see meat loaf for  a farthers day presi and would not let me go in usual attire, so i went to the trendy shop next to the office, and bought said jeans and a top from fcuk or something like that, and nearley fell over when the shop girl said " i can do you these at the sale price, that will be £110 please" i would normaly get 2 shirts and tyes annd 2 pairs of trousers for that, and some change.

then i saw some in asda for £4 so i bought them for working on the boat in, those i ware i have not worn the others again. in case i spoil them. :D

Having left half my clothes here when I came home I went to the Officers Club in Chippenham High St and bought two pairs jeans and two jumpers for £40 the lot. I think you wuz dun. :):D

I belive back in the 60s-70s you told them the amount of rooms in your house and size of the rooms,and along came a van and they furnished the full house for you.

most overseas postings I've been on, they still do that. your apartment is furnished out of IKEA flat packs. no complaints. :D

Richard: like maffi I still think you were done.

a year ago I visited Suits Etc. and bought a brand new ex-hire suit for £15 that had never been worn.

I'm a sucker for a bargain. Trouble is I've probably spent as much on bargain clothes that I never get a chance to wear as you do on designer labels. :)

Somehow I never thought of you as a designer label trendy dresser. If you haven't been wearing jeans for most of your life, what have you been wearing? No need to answer that :D

I dont buy Designer labels, read the above post i think that they are the only ones i have.

:)

Ime pretty old fashioned like that for work i ware a suit if visiting customers or white shirt black trousers and tie if in office, for going out i do make consessions and ware a coloured shirt, usualy blue.

These then get used for gardening in and other jobs around the house when they get rock burns on them.

So i have not had the need for jeans from when i was a mechanic in the late 60s.

But i have to admit when my daughter made me get the designer stuff for the concert i wore it with a full length black coat i have had for years and never used :D i did feel good. :D

As well as that im'e very big in the nudist scene, and am looking to start a club in the narowboating community, so if anyone is interested let me know.

You have to be carefull winding the lock paddles though. :D:D

Edited by Richard Bustens

Now back to the chairs

Yesterday I bought two chairs from the Local (20 kms) Computer market.

I'm stocking up on stuff forthe boat.

they were to be delivered at 10 today. "Inshallah"

Well its now 12 and no chairs!

I phoned the store and was promised 4:20 "Inshallah"

Inshallah means 'If God wills it'. Its really an excuse. If they don't turn up for whatever reason God did not want me to have them today. Irrespective of the lazy git who can't be bothered to come out this far.

If they do turn up is anybody's guess.

I will let you know 'inshallah'.

Edited by maffi mushkila

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT Maffi

But i have had 1 heart attack and 2 operations and the base was so loud i thought i was having another one, all my internal organs were vibrating, it was a strange sensation.

And your chairs Maf will be with your books. :D

Edited by Richard Bustens

I was being pessimistically hopeful now you have burst my bubble, Thanks :D

OK so far the chairs arrived at 4.40 my time thats 12.40 in UK. Thats not bad considering I had to direct the guy here on the phone and he didn't speak much English.

It took three of us to lift them through the door, heaven knows how much it will cost to ship then to the UK.

And your chairs Maf will be with your books

Now about my books. I think you know more than you let on Richard :)

OK so far the chairs arrived at 4.40 my time thats 12.40 in UK. Thats not bad considering I had to direct the guy here on the phone and he didn't speak much English.

It took three of us to lift them through the door, heaven knows how much it will cost to ship then to the UK.

so what you gonna do? Collect a container load of stuff for your narrowboat and send it back to ukay, or ship the shell to Riyadh and fit it out Saudi style? (no, Maffi, don't even think of sailing it ...... too late!! ) :D

so what you gonna do?  Collect a container load of stuff for your narrowboat and send it back to ukay,

Well thats kinda the plan. There is some gear that I can buy here. I already have a pile of new towels, once I have decided on the interior I can buy a bolt of cloth for curtains. etc. etc. etc. Hand tools here are, in the main, German and very reasonably priced, I take a few home with me each time. And I will more than likely buy my laptop here.

We have some quite large lighting shops here, I have been looking at lights since I arrived. I wil buy those closer to the time I go home.

For some reason they have shops that sell nothing but rope. (I am looking at a 57ft trad Length/dia?)

If anyone would like to make any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Maffi, don't even think of sailing it ......      too late!! )

No Chris I don't think that would be a good idea sever lack of water. And have you any idea how much they charge to dump 50 millions gallons of water through the locks on the Suez canal. :D

Edited by maffi mushkila

no mate but if you want anything like that again send them to me and i will forward them on to you .

And you could do the same for me with a fake rolex.

The trouble is I don't trust the postal system. The books were probably sent and arrived in the Kingdom, it there where the problem occurs. I think I have mentioned it here before, the cure for too much post than they can handle is FIRE.

Maffi, don't even think of sailing it ......      too late!!

No Chris I don't think that would be a good idea sever lack of water. And have you any idea how much they charge to dump 50 millions gallons of water through the locks on the Suez canal. :D

could be fun.

I worked in Oman for 6 years and took back half a ton of belongings. Seemed good stuff while I was out there, but most of it seemed like rubbish when I un packed it in ukay. Except, coincidentally, a modular wall unit thingy that had been imported from Sweden, made from 40mm thick teak veneered board. That was in 1982, and I cannot confirm if it was by IKEA or not. Never heard of them then, of course. Point is the wall unit is still in excellent condition, having graced our living room for 10 years until we went minimalist, and now in the games room.

:) ??.... NO, BACK ON TOPIC. :D

I knew I could bring this back to IKEA somehow, just to piss Richard off. :D

Hi all

Will you all stop emailing me and PM ing me regards the nudist club

It was a joke..... :D

but there seems to be a lot of interest :D

put me down for a fortnight please :)

The thing I find odd in Ikea is.... why can you not go directly to the dept you want.. ie the chair dept!, its the five mile slalom past the galvanised candle holders and plywood magazine racks etc etc etc last item in the bin aisles that do me in :D

Edited by Inspector Gadget