dometic 3.5 travel power.

pquinn

Featured Posts

Running the T/P with the inv switched on is not the problem.The inverter/charger just thinks it is on shore power.I assume you have fitted a 3 way switch or a simple 2 shore plug system for the 240v,one for the shore power and one for the travel power.

Originally there was a "fancy" Victron Filax installed that did the switching. When the TP blew up for the second time this was removed as it didn't seem to be working and a simple 2 way switch fitted. The TP then blew up again.

As the washing machine will complete its cycle running exclusively on the inverter with the engine running (if there's enough charge in the batteries to make up the deficit in power being provided by the alternator), it doesn't appear to be an issue with the washing machine. The issue does appear to be with feeding the TP into the Victron.

Next step is to reinstall the TP box when it's repaired but not connect to the Victron. Going to run an extension lead through to the galley and try running the washing machine directly from the TP. If that works then wire up dedicated circuit directly from TP.

Boring part of this solution is that I'll have 2 separate 240v circuits and would need to swap around if on shore power. Also wouldn't get batteries charged from TP.

Originally there was a "fancy" Victron Filax installed that did the switching. When the TP blew up for the second time this was removed as it didn't seem to be working and a simple 2 way switch fitted. The TP then blew up again.

As the washing machine will complete its cycle running exclusively on the inverter with the engine running (if there's enough charge in the batteries to make up the deficit in power being provided by the alternator), it doesn't appear to be an issue with the washing machine. The issue does appear to be with feeding the TP into the Victron.

Next step is to reinstall the TP box when it's repaired but not connect to the Victron. Going to run an extension lead through to the galley and try running the washing machine directly from the TP. If that works then wire up dedicated circuit directly from TP.

Boring part of this solution is that I'll have 2 separate 240v circuits and would need to swap around if on shore power. Also wouldn't get batteries charged from TP.

From what I've learnt about Victrons recently on this forum, I would say the answer is to sell the Victron and buy a Mastervolt! (No, I know, not helpful!)