Where will I get stuck?

GSer

Featured Posts

The later owner of our previous boat Thistle, which was steel with a GRP top, refitted her without realising that the hull had spread slightly. When he got to Napton flight he got stuck, and after being winched back out he welded a couple of eyes inside the hull, so that he could temporarily fix a chain across the middle of the lounge and pull the sides in enough to fit through the locks. It was lucky for him that the widest part was midway along the lounge, halfway between two bulkheads, just where she had been re-joined after being lengthened. He then just unhooked the chain but left the eyes in place for future use.

That was a case of deja-vu in some ways, because for several years Thistle towed the old butty Dipper behind her; when the owners sold her to us they sold Dipper to an American who planned to take her down to Stratford-on-Avon to live on. Even before he bought her he was warned that she had spread to well over 7ft but he ignored that fact; he never did manage to get her to Stratford.

• 2 weeks later...

The decision has now been made, only Apache will be taken 'north' and Cygnus will have to go on the market this week, its a shame because I really had a 5 year plan for her and i'd only just stopped fettling her.

Still its got to be done, so if anybody wants a small woolwich butty, set up as a workshop with nice comfortable accomodation in the slightly extended back cabin just push them my way. New stove, new bed, new soft furnishings, new water tanks, pump, batteries, proper 4 stage charger, solar panel, wind genny, new radio and speakers, refettled elum etc etc i threw money at it cos i didn't think i'd be selling it :banghead:

Paul

Proper advert to follow soon

No proper advert needed, I've just taken a deposit on Cygnus, it didn't even get to market, good to see it go to a nice couple.

Paul

No proper advert needed, I've just taken a deposit on Cygnus, it didn't even get to market, good to see it go to a nice couple.

Paul

Well done PM sent

..........Dave