Goldstone Moorings

Jazz

Featured Posts

From memory there are some long term moorings on the same side & close to the pub. The visitor moorings are on the other side & have the usual 'Shroppie Shelf'.

Yes, your memory is correct. The visitor moorings are 48hrs

There are also the long-term moorings opposite (i.e. on the pub side) but these don't appear on CRTs list of mooring sites so presumably they are operated privately (perhaps by the adjacent caravan site?). There are also privately operated moorings just to the south of the bridge on the off-side.

There is a mooring currently on the moorings auction site listed as Goldstone..

I've been toying with the idea of moving to another mooring but the auction annoys me somewhat as my boat is only 43 foot and almost all the moorings are longer and subsequently more expensive than I should be paying..

Casp'

Edit. It's NOT Goldstone that's listed, just looked and my memory must be poorly today... :wacko:

Edited by casper ghost

I've been toying with the idea of moving to another mooring but the auction annoys me somewhat as my boat is only 43 foot and almost all the moorings are longer and subsequently more expensive than I should be paying..

Watch the auction and if it doesn't go (which is not unlikely as few seem to get taken up these days) then ring the mooring manager (I think Rob Prigg still covers that bit) and see if you can do a deal. It does depend on how popular the mooring is though.

Visitor moorings are opposite the pub. There are some spots along them where you can avoid the "Shroppie Shelf" (a couple of "fat fenders" is useful here). Very short walk over bridge to pub which usually has a reasonable selection of beers and good food (IMO). "New" water point at the bridge is a bit of a pain as it now takes up what was a useful visitor spot.

Watch the auction and if it doesn't go (which is not unlikely as few seem to get taken up these days) then ring the mooring manager (I think Rob Prigg still covers that bit) and see if you can do a deal. It does depend on how popular the mooring is though.

Well, the mooring I'm interested in ended with no bids so i've emailed C&RT stating my interest and asking about my shorter boat. We'll see what the response is..

Casp'