Journey North

blokman14

Featured Posts

At last we are leaving Lapworth on Friday for our long awaited journey North to our new mooring at Rufford, anyone sees us NB Edna Frances, give us a wave.

Has anyone any ideas for overnight moorings around the Worsley area, should be around the area by next Thursday.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

Just passed the dry dock on the left hand side... is a good a mooring as any, and I can't remember anybody having any trouble there. There's a local pub too, which does decent food and a selection of guest ales.

If you arrive in the Worsley area on Friday instead of Thursday, I'd suggest you moor up at Worsley Cruising Club which is around 10 mins after the tank heading north on the right hand side, for the night. Safe moorings for the night and also cheap beer in the Clubhouse! There's also a Tesco Express close by.

Hi Rob,

Just passed the dry dock on the left hand side... is a good a mooring as any, and I can't remember anybody having any trouble there. There's a local pub too, which does decent food and a selection of guest ales.

If you arrive in the Worsley area on Friday instead of Thursday, I'd suggest you moor up at Worsley Cruising Club which is around 10 mins after the tank heading north on the right hand side, for the night. Safe moorings for the night and also cheap beer in the Clubhouse! There's also a Tesco Express close by.

Cheers Liam,

Is the cruising club beyond the M60 bridge heading out of Worsley?

Arriving Thursday could well be a bit optimistic as we have'nt done any boating for some 25 years!!!

So Friday could well be a more realistic proposition.

Regards

Rob

Hi,

Nope, it's the otherside... just 10 mins passed the tank, and Lorenz's boat yard - before Worsley itself.

The Bridgewater is wide, and deep with no locks so once you get on the other side of Preston Brook tunnel you should make good time.

Hi,

Nope, it's the otherside... just 10 mins passed the tank, and Lorenz's boat yard - before Worsley itself.

The Bridgewater is wide, and deep with no locks so once you get on the other side of Preston Brook tunnel you should make good time.

Thanks for that, last time we passed through Eccles on a boat[25yrs ago] I sampled my first and worst Indian curry, I think things have probably improved since then. :lol:

25 years ago, eh? I was errm... minus 4!

We did Tring to the Bridgewater in 7 days last year. 7 long days, may I add, but we had too with only having a week off work.

Good luck with your cruise.

25 years ago, eh? I was errm... minus 4!

We did Tring to the Bridgewater in 7 days last year. 7 long days, may I add, but we had too with only having a week off work.

Good luck with your cruise.

I was only 15 at the time!!!!

We will give you a wave on th eway past.

Regards

Hello Rob

I travelled from south Cheshire to Rufford in spring and found many good moorings. It was early in a day when I passed Worsely so I stopped at Astley, a bit further on, after getting diesel at Boothstown marina (easy access to the pump mooring). Before Worsely, Manchester Castlefields has good city center moorings and is well worth the minor detour. Before that, Lymm was an excellent overnight stop with good food and drink. No problems on my trip apart from Plank Lane Liftbridge which is now repaired.

Enjoy the trip

Noah

Hello Rob

I travelled from south Cheshire to Rufford in spring and found many good moorings. It was early in a day when I passed Worsely so I stopped at Astley, a bit further on, after getting diesel at Boothstown marina (easy access to the pump mooring). Before Worsely, Manchester Castlefields has good city center moorings and is well worth the minor detour. Before that, Lymm was an excellent overnight stop with good food and drink. No problems on my trip apart from Plank Lane Liftbridge which is now repaired.

Enjoy the trip

Noah

Thanks for that Noah, appreciate the advice.

Regards

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

hope you like your new marina I pass it all the time and it really looks good, those who have left our marina at Crooke for the hook ups at Rufford have really settled there. Our marina owners are giving us a party tonight for Roys 50th.

• 4 weeks later...