40th Anniversary Help Appreciated

ClaymoorePaul

Featured Posts

Hello All

I hope you all had a good xmas and new year. I'm wondering if any of you can be of assistance. 2013 marks the 40th anniversary of our hire boat company. I'm currently working on the outline for a page on our website detailing the history of the company from its start in 1973.

We have a number of documents that are assisting us but we are lacking in photos.

I'm wondering if any of you on the forum have any 'historical' notes you can add to this or old photos of the yard, surrounding area, the boats or hirers that we could use on the site for this project. This is purely being put together as a bit of fun and interest and can assure you that the photos won't be used for anything other than the article and only with your permission. I'll also put a credit on each photo used.

Many thanks

Paul

Sounds great Paul sorry am abut young to help you out with pictures.

But am sure someone will.

How you getting on with winter works?

Glad to see about the widebeam.

Winter works are going more or less to plan.

- 1 boat currently having a full refit.

- 1 boat soon to have a galley refit.

- 1 day boat to get a new floor.

- Dry docking starting next week.

- Remainder of the fleet to be painted in the new colours.

Needless to say there's quite a bit to do :) I normally rope in an old friend from London to help the lads out for a couple of weeks and you'll even see me out there with a paint brush in hand getting red and green paint over myself and the yard... some even manages to get on the boats!