Lockgate-Refleks Cold Furnace (Water Heaters)

Kristian

Featured Posts

As in my many last posts you will read im wanting a drip feed boiler to replace a mikuni mx40 to heat rads and hot water tank, i was

looking a Kabola E5 boiler and then came across these from lockgate, almost like the normal and very well known drip fed stoves used alot on

narrow boats, however these are cold to the touch and are a dedicated hot water heated rather than the normal drip fed stove with a after thought backboiler, they

claim to put out 4.2kw's of hot water heat and in the copper or brass would look much better than a kabola.

Does anyone on here have any dealings with these Lockgate-Refleks Cold Furnace units? good or bad?

Finally I cant tell from the website but do these Cold Furnace units have the flame window just like the normal stove? Which i like the idea of!!

http://www.lockgate.com/products/marinestoves/coldfurnace/

If looking at the two on the right, the top hole has to be the flue, does that mean the middle stove with the hole in the middle is the flame window?

Many thanks, Kristian.

As in my many last posts you will read im wanting a drip feed boiler to replace a mikuni mx40 to heat rads and hot water tank, i was

looking a Kabola E5 boiler and then came across these from lockgate, almost like the normal and very well known drip fed stoves used alot on

narrow boats, however these are cold to the touch and are a dedicated hot water heated rather than the normal drip fed stove with a after thought backboiler, they

claim to put out 4.2kw's of hot water heat and in the copper or brass would look much better than a kabola.

Does anyone on here have any dealings with these Lockgate-Refleks Cold Furnace units? good or bad?

Finally I cant tell from the website but do these Cold Furnace units have the flame window just like the normal stove? Which i like the idea of!!

If looking at the two on the right, the top hole has to be the flue, does that mean the middle stove with the hole in the middle is the flame window?

Many thanks, Kristian.

There is more information on this stove on this link

Rather misleadingly this advert talks about a "kettle". In fact a "kessel" is a wrap-round stainless steel water jacket which fits inside the stove.

I've ordered spares from this firm (no connections) and found a that they provide a very fast and efficient service.

You'll also see that you suspect correctly and there is a window to view the flame.

I have a 2000MV and I believe you will find the 4.2kw is the total heat output from the Refleks. When I spoke to Lockgate I was informed the water heating part of the unit could produce a maximum of 1.7kw

I think that should be 2.7kw.

There is more information on this stove on this link

Rather misleadingly this advert talks about a "kettle". In fact a "kessel" is a wrap-round stainless steel water jacket which fits inside the stove.

I've ordered spares from this firm (no connections) and found a that they provide a very fast and efficient service.

You'll also see that you suspect correctly and there is a window to view the flame.

Just bare in mind where talking about the 2000mv not the kv type.