A little tip

Yamanx

Featured Posts

Last winter, and the winter before my instant hot water heater froze and split, I had to buy a new one the first time as it was completely knackered, but managed to get the second one repaired. Ok the first time, all I did was let all the water out of the taps etc. But the second time I blew into the pipes, opened all the taps and after a lot of sucking and blowing (ooer) I though I had it covered. But it still must have had some water in it as it still slip, right on a bendy bit inside.

So this time I used one of these:

161191_5032307672043891847858.jpg

And made damn sure there is no water in the system :)

There is a drain off nut on these heaters,undo it or remove it depending on which heater you have ,open a tap and it should drain itself.

Yes, but not on the model I have, and the pump will remove all the water from all the system, including any residue in the pump itself, which can be damaged if its cold enough with even a small amount of ice. :)

I really like the water heater I have, even though it is a Chinese fairly poor quality made one. It has no pilot light and ignites with the water flow, loads of adjustment with flow, heat etc. But no drain, there is what appears to be a drain, but it doesn't actually drain anything :)

Its an Arizabo.

1.jpg

Yes, but not on the model I have, and the pump will remove all the water from all the system, including any residue in the pump itself, which can be damaged if its cold enough with even a small amount of ice. :)

I really like the water heater I have, even though it is a Chinese fairly poor quality made one. It has no pilot light and ignites with the water flow, loads of adjustment with flow, heat etc. But no drain, there is what appears to be a drain, but it doesn't actually drain anything :)

Its an Arizabo.

Hi all.

I saw this thread and thought of me, well my boat anyway, and got to looking on Ebay at "tankless water heaters." They are reasonably cheap but I was wondering about burning gas inside a boat without any form of flue. My gas stove actually does do that but I do know that some water heaters installed on a boat or a caravan need to be exhaust vented to the outside. The particular one I was looking at is this, 1.6 gpm SILVER LPG Gas Ventfree tankless gas water heater No flue required, and what it says is that it does not need a flu because it has this:- What is Vent-Free? A Vent-Free appliance can be installed inside and does not require cumbersome and costly installation of flues and ductwork because it is outfitted with state of the art ODS (Oxygen Depletion Safety shutoff device). fitted to it.

There are other models listed on Ebay so I am not going to get this one or maybe wont get any but as I know very little about these things,in fact this is the first I have heard of them. My boat is purely for mine and my wife's leisure so there little point in going into any great expense to get hot water. At the moment the only way my water is heated is by the califorie cali um water tank that is attached to the engine. So, obviously, we only get hot water after the engine has been running. So this would be ideal just to get hot water at the sink if we go a little further than the end of the canal and stay out for a day or two. We could have instant hot water without having to run the engine.

To me this all sounds too simple. Apart from the gas connection I can do all the plumbing and installation myself.Is it really that simple and cheap oram I missing something.

Pete

The one I have mentioned is not vent free.

I know little about vent free except what I've read on the internet, and tbh it looks like it could be an option for heating as well as hot water, but I would do a lot more research as the far smaller confines of a boat compared to a house would need investigation.

The one I have mentioned is not vent free.

I know little about vent free except what I've read on the internet, and tbh it looks like it could be an option for heating as well as hot water, but I would do a lot more research as the far smaller confines of a boat compared to a house would need investigation.

Yes that is what was bothering me a bit as well. I am going to do more research but this forum is as good (probably better) a place to start as any.

Pete