Aqua Narrowboats 1/2 day cruises

Featured Posts

Just picked this up from my Facebook feed from Aqua Narrowboats.

An opportunity to try a narrow boat without going to the expense of a NB holiday. It may be of interest to some on here given the content of previous posts.

http://aquanarrowboats.co.uk/half-day-cruise

I'm sure the cynics will say it's a shrewd bit of marketing to get people to go for a boat build or a hire boat holiday from them but hey ho it possibly is - but good luck to them.

Disclaimer - no connection with the company other than a satisfied customer who they once did some work for.

Not knocking them for trying this, but given it is £70 per person, they are probably not going to be out of pocket in doing it either. Two sessions per day with say 6 people on each, £840 as day, not bad!

To be honest for a couple at £140 for 3 hours, on pure cost terms to me it does not really compare with say £300 for a weekend hire at this time of year, but it is a different kind of experience I guess.

Just picked this up from my Facebook feed from Aqua Narrowboats.

An opportunity to try a narrow boat without going to the expense of a NB holiday. It may be of interest to some on here given the content of previous posts.

http://aquanarrowboats.co.uk/half-day-cruise

I'm sure the cynics will say it's a shrewd bit of marketing to get people to go for a boat build or a hire boat holiday from them but hey ho it possibly is - but good luck to them.

Disclaimer - no connection with the company other than a satisfied customer who they once did some work for.

So, £70 per person for half a day?

I know of several others that do full day hire for around £100!

So, £70 per person for half a day?

I know of several others that do full day hire for around £100!

Bear in mind that the boat comes with an experienced skipper.

I believe this initiative is aimed at attracting people who might otherwise be too nervous to book a weeks holiday on a boat that they fear they might not be able to control and give them a chance to find out.

I think it's a great idea; it's not compulsory you know.

I would support any initiative that promoted better boat handling skills and provides a bit of fun to boot.

Edited by Joshua

Bear in mind that the boat comes with an experienced skipper.

I believe this initiative is aimed at attracting people who might otherwise be too nervous to book a weeks holiday on a boat that they fear they might not be able to control and give them a chance to find out.

I think it's a great idea; it's not compulsory you know.

I would support any initiative that promoted better boat handling skills and provides a bit of fun to boot.

Exactly

- though of course some might not consider it good value for money but others just might, hence why it was posted.

It also (as they are headed Stenson way) includes an opportunity to work through (under tuition) one of the deepest locks on the system, and other sundry bits.

70£, is good value for someone who hasn't been on a narrowboat before, and who's dreaming about living afloat.

Even if it's only half a day, they'll get the opputunity to steer the boat themselves for at least 30mins if there are 8 people, which isn't very long, but will give them a possiblity to check it all out under the (I hope) watchful eyes of a qualified helmsman.

If the 70£ trip shows them that they like it, they can as a next step rent a boat for a longer period, and sleep, cook and drive as much as they like, and see if they still like it.

Much cheaper in the end then thinking that this wonderful living on the water is exactly what they've always fancied, whithout trying it first, buy the boat, and find out that it wasn't at all what they thought it would be, and sell the boat thereby losing at lot more than the 70£ taster.

Peter.

Wandering Duck on the PF seems an even better deal. £95pp for 2 nights, 1 day, inc food.

http://wanderingduck.co.uk/

I was having a beer with the guys from Wandering Duck last week - great pair and good luck to them and their new venture.

Their latest addition I gather is real ale on board!