Mould

BeninReading

Featured Posts

Told to me by a caravan person:.

When I leave the boat for 6 months..after having lived on it for 6 months...I wipe over surfaces...ceiling....walls etc...with clove oil.

We also upend the matress...spray it lightly...and leave it propped up.

Trouble with bleach or Miltons..is that it will bleach everything..and take the colour out.

You get a little bottle of it (clove oil) from the chemist. I mix a few drops with some warm water...and a little washing up liquid to make it dissolve.

I keep some in a spray bottle ..but you need a 'recycled' spray bottle...as the ones from pound shops have a mild steel spring which goes rusty.

No mould now for over 4 years...not a spot.

Smells..like apple pie !

Or the dentist! :D

Also there are general creepy crawlies that don't like clove oil so you could get another benefit from using it.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Or the dentist! :D

Also there are general creepy crawlies that don't like clove oil so you could get another benefit from using it.

I think you're showing your age there..?

It seems many years since I smelled cloves in a dentist...

(around the time of the fire of London and the plague as I recall... :rolleyes: )

Actually...you're right.

Now I think about..there has been an absence of spiders...flies etc..since I started doing that.

Edited by Bobbybass