Canis & Judith Anne Pictures

Tiggers

Featured Posts

Yes I believe you're right, I think it was the last boat we finished before moving to Horseley Fields so we never had anything newly built for a while to publish. I remember John Harmon and his girlfriend very well, we all had a healthy mutual respect for Banks's Mild. The last time I saw Canis Major was about 3 years ago moored up at the top of Stoke Bruerne - I see it still had Ken's original signwriting.

Well John is still well, although sadly his wife passed away a few years ago (I believe they had only just met when Canis was being built).

She had been moored up at Stoke Bruerne ever since the Blisworth Tunnel re-opened, but I got her October 2011 and moved her up to Norbury. Still got Ken's signwriting, few years before that goes, got to own her for as long as John did before I can have my name on the back, only another 34 to go!

Well John is still well, although sadly his wife passed away a few years ago (I believe they had only just met when Canis was being built).

She had been moored up at Stoke Bruerne ever since the Blisworth Tunnel re-opened, but I got her October 2011 and moved her up to Norbury. Still got Ken's signwriting, few years before that goes, got to own her for as long as John did before I can have my name on the back, only another 34 to go!

With the sad demise of Tony miles, one of the last things he did was to send his remaining pictures to me, there are some of Canis, I will post them up soon.

With the sad demise of Tony miles, one of the last things he did was to send his remaining pictures to me, there are some of Canis, I will post them up soon.

Any of Tony's pictures with Vulcan in, when she was having the work done for me please Laurence? Or maybe you already have some? It would be nice to see some after all these years. I never bothered with a camera, so consequently have no record whatsoever of any of my old boats. I remember Jack taking some of her, including some of the Great Towpath Inferno of The Old Cabin, and these became a sort of unofficial record of the old girl's time at Carl St.

Thanks, John.

I remember John wanted "Peter Keay & Son, Walsall" painted on the back but Ken wouldn't let him. He was a lovely old fella but no idea about marketing... :)

I'll keep an eye for her the next time I'm at Norbury - it'll be a few years as I'm moored at Newbury now.