CaRT REsidential Moorings at "Buy It Now" Price

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I wonder what CRT would do if somebody failed a credit check but then stumped up the full three years amount, they surely wouldn't have grounds then to withhold the mooring?

Irrespective of what CaRT's T&C's say.

Legally, if they break the terms of the contract by not completing on the transaction, they would have to refurnd any deposit paid.

The deposit would only be forfit if the bidder/applicant withdrew

I'm not sure I agree.

That section 2.27 contains a whole host of valid reasons why CRT might not give you the mooring, and all but failing a credit check seem to be within the control of the bidder.

A nice non-contentious one is if you have knowingly bid on (say) a 10 metre berth, but the boat you know you intend to try and put there is (say) 15 metres.

There are definite costs for CRT when someone does this kind of thing, and likely loss of revenue, particularly if it results in re-advertising.

It seems fair to me if they have laid these things out fairly in their conditions, and you go ahead anyway, that you forfeit that 5% if found out.

They also make it clear if they don't give you the mooring for any other reason than those listed in that section, that the deposit is refunded.

Finally, I would say in CRTs (well BW's actually! defense that when I won my last mooring that when I did on my last mooring, advertised at 14 metres, they were quickly on the phone to me making sure I had not made a mistake, as they assumed I wanted to put Chalice, (15.2 metres) on to a shorter mooring. In practice it was being bid on for Sickle (12.2 metres). So in fact they were on the ball trying to make sure I had not made a mistake that would cost me money........

All I know is I won't be risking £600 so me and taf are staying where we are.

I'm still frustrated that the £600 figure is not explained.

5% of the £5000 buy it now prices is £250.

Still a lot to lose, but it ain't £600 ???

I wonder what CRT would do if somebody failed a credit check but then stumped up the full three years amount, they surely wouldn't have grounds then to withhold the mooring?

If you failed a credit check, CaRT would probably be happy if you paid in advanced with cleared funds

I'm sure that, "you've failed a credit check", would not be the end of negotiations

If you failed a credit check, CaRT would probably be happy if you paid in advanced with cleared funds

I'm sure that, "you've failed a credit check", would not be the end of negotiations

That is what I would hope.

Just as we were getting our mooring we were also changing bank accounts and a couple of DD's 'bounced' due to the inability of a couple of our utilities providers to understand what we were doing.

If it had affected our credit rating in the eyes of CRT we would have been stuffed.

Fortunately we would have been able to stump up the full amount if needed (or if we had wanted) - I wonder how many would though?

I think PJ has it exactly right. CaRT don't have access to the best lawyers ( and frankly we shouldcbe glad that they don't). So the T&C couldcbe a little clearer, but the gemeral sense is clear, and I would bet most of it would stand up in court, with a few eyebrows raised. Would we rather our licensecfees went to smart lawyers?

edited to attempt to correct spelling....and failed

Edited by Duchess Omnium