Morso stove

Featured Posts

Hi we have just discovered that our morso stove has bits falling off it. the sides that hold the front grate to stop the coal falling out are broken off half way down. I can't see how I would replace these as they seem to be part of the side of the stove. or can I get replacement for them and if so how do they fit back in .

I hope someone knows what I am talking about

chris/steve

I have exactly this problem too.

I also have a scrap Squirrel that I dismantled to obtain new bracket things. They are held on by bolts that snapped off when I tried to undo them.

My plan now is to drill new holes right through the front of the stove casting to fix the replacement grill brackets in place with long bolts.....

Mike

Hi we have just discovered that our morso stove has bits falling off it. the sides that hold the front grate to stop the coal falling out are broken off half way down. I can't see how I would replace these as they seem to be part of the side of the stove. or can I get replacement for them and if so how do they fit back in .

I hope someone knows what I am talking about

chris/steve

They are held in by screws and washers inside the stove. New bits are available, from Midland Swindlers and cheaper outlets. I have changed one on Copperkins' stove twice over the years (not the same one! <_< ), and each time was able to do it with gentle taps from a heavy hammer, without moving the screws, which I'm sure would have sheared off if I'd tried to remove them.

Iain