Hull Blacking on the Calder & Hebble

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of a good place to take my boat for blacking on the C&H, Huddersfield Broad, possibly Aire & Calder? I don't really want to do it myself and I'd prefer to get a recommendation on here. Prices people paid too would be good to know.

I'll be back down in Birmingham next summer and I know I can get some cheap deals there. The trouble is it really needs doing before then. It's been 3 years (I think) already....

We always used Brian at Shepley Bridge Marina when we were at Elland - 01924491872. Can't remember prices now as last time we blacked there was 2008, but I remember him as being very reasonable.

He's got one of the old graving docks as a drydock, so no crane charges which helps a lot too. When we boated through last year Brian said he no longer let the dock out for DIY, but as you say you're looking for full service that shouldn't be a problem for you.

The only minor issue we had was getting in touch with Brian as he was always out & about in the yard, so it usually took a few calls to get hold of him, but always very helpful when we got there...

Richard

Try Supreme Marine at Castleford.

(It's only been open 8 months - Sean is trying hard to establish their businessI think)

They've an excellent dry-dock (no craneage needed) big enough for an 80' x 17' boat

It's on the short pound by Castleford Flood lock, substantial visitor moorings alongside too, if needed

Thanks. I'll try Shepley Bridge first because theyre much closer to me.

I also reccomend brian at Shepley bridge. Had mine done there last summer and my mates boat is coming out of there tomorrow after having work done and blacking. Does a good job. Cannot remember price but must be ok but remember getting a good job done is more important than getting a cheap job done. :cheers:

Tim