Kingfisher engine problem

teeve

Featured Posts

We had a bit of a problem with our water pump on a Kingfisher KD26 engine, so are looking for a new, refurbished or replacement one. Does anyone have one or know where we can get hold of one?

It's not so much of a vintage but is just very old!

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

Enchilada

We had a bit of a problem with our water pump on a Kingfisher KD26 engine, so are looking for a new, refurbished or replacement one. Does anyone have one or know where we can get hold of one?

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

Enchilada

If you do not already know about it have a look at Kingfisher site. I( think there is something about water pumps in their forum.

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

Enchilada

Hi Ian,

Do you need spare parts or is it a problem with the pump body?

Here's a link for Jabsco water pump 5870KD spares.

There is also a model 5870 which was supplied for Lister Petter engines and which may have common parts.

Hi Ian,

Do you need spare parts or is it a problem with the pump body?

Here's a link for Jabsco water pump 5870KD spares.

There is also a model 5870 which was supplied for Lister Petter engines and which may have common parts.

Hi bjornunda

The problem stemmed from a loose pulley nut after previous investigation of a water leak, which resulted in the nut dropping off and the pulley, driven by the V-belt, grinding into the shaft and resulting in a huge 1" hole.

Clever chap Neil at Clifton Cruisers made a super weld build-up job as a makeshift solution (so far, so good) but chances are it's not a permanent answer. Finding a replacement pump is my first option.

Ian

Hi bjornunda

The problem stemmed from a loose pulley nut after previous investigation of a water leak, which resulted in the nut dropping off and the pulley, driven by the V-belt, grinding into the shaft and resulting in a huge 1" hole.

Clever chap Neil at Clifton Cruisers made a super weld build-up job as a makeshift solution (so far, so good) but chances are it's not a permanent answer. Finding a replacement pump is my first option.

Ian

Oops! Spare parts are not a lot of help then and neither am I, sorry.

Hi bjornunda

Ian

There's no reason why it shouldn't be a permanent solution!