best laid plans........

Stephen Sugg

Featured Posts

Well, my big two week trip has turned into a a nightmare, we met Johnontheway yesterday morning (twice), lovely bloke, and it was all good until we got to Laleham. Lucy (my little girl) really started to get very ill, the boat was about 100 degrees inside and we really didn't know what to do, anyway the upshot is, Angie went home with Lucy last night and I have carried on to Windsor on my own. I'm sitting in an internet cafe at the monent. Anyway, I'm not going to Bath on my own, I miss my two ladies to much, so I'll be turning around in the morning and heading back to the Wey and home....it's a shame but family comes first.

John, I hope you enjoyed yesterday and that today went well, Bones, happy reading.......

Bit sad at the moment....... :cheers:

Well, my big two week trip has turned into a a nightmare, we met Johnontheway yesterday morning (twice), lovely bloke, and it was all good until we got to Laleham. Lucy (my little girl) really started to get very ill, the boat was about 100 degrees inside and we really didn't know what to do, anyway the upshot is, Angie went home with Lucy last night and I have carried on to Windsor on my own. I'm sitting in an internet cafe at the monent. Anyway, I'm not going to Bath on my own, I miss my two ladies to much, so I'll be turning around in the morning and heading back to the Wey and home....it's a shame but family comes first.

John, I hope you enjoyed yesterday and that today went well, Bones, happy reading.......

Bit sad at the moment....... :cheers:

Ken and I were very sad to read of your problems and hope Lucy recovers. The weather forcast looks to be very hot for the next few days so I am sure Angie did the right thing to take her home. I know you were so looking forward to your holiday. I hope you get the chance to use the boat again soon in better and cooler weather.

We enjoyed meeting both you and Angie at The Anchor, with JohnontheWey and also Bones and James.

I will arrange an Onslow Banter in August so we can hear of your solo adventures.

Our best wishes

Chris and Ken

You did the right thing - sorry to hear about Lucy and I hope she makes a speedy recovery!!! You are doing the right thing by going home to be with your ladies - you are a good chap.

I am really enjoying the reading of the books - I started on the banana one and finding it a hoot.

Thinking of you at the mo though! I hope Lucy is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back at home now, Lucy still not 100% but better than she was.

I had a straightforward run from Windsor, left at 8.30, stopped for lunch in Laleham then back to Weybridge about 3.30.

Big thanks to the lockies on the Thames, they were very patient with me........

Back at home now, Lucy still not 100% but better than she was.

I had a straightforward run from Windsor, left at 8.30, stopped for lunch in Laleham then back to Weybridge about 3.30.

Big thanks to the lockies on the Thames, they were very patient with me........

So sorry it turned out the way it did, and good for you for making your decision. We'll meet up again soon I've no doubt. All the best to Angie and little Lucy.

John