Epiphany

Big John

Featured Posts

Well, at last we are on the verge of having our own boat built. We visited Colecraft last Saturday and saw the space prepared for laying Epiphany's base plate TODAY!

What a great feeling.

I've added the first picture to our Website Gallery, and will hopefully have photographic proof of the birth next weekend, courtesy of a friend.

Follow the story at www.nbEpiphany.co.uk

Edited by Big John

Congratulations John.

Love the name and bearing in mind your profession, very apt.

I stumbled across the Colecraft factory I believe whilst out for a walk one day and was amazed to have found it by coincidence.

Nice hulls Colecraft.

Are they doing the fit out for you as well ?

Mark

Well, at last we are on the verge of having our own boat built. We visited Colecraft last Saturday and saw the space prepared for laying Epiphany's base plate TODAY!

What a great feeling.

I've added the first picture to our Website Gallery, and will hopefully have photographic proof of the birth next weekend, courtesy of a friend.

Follow the story at www.nbEpiphany.co.uk

All the very best with the project, John - Epiphany looks like she'll be very special. Keep us informed.

Best,

NotSoBigJohnOnTheWey

John

Congratulations :) on the "Birth" of Epiphany, she looks great. Lets hope she is "Christened" in time for you to get some boating in this year.

If you take a look at our entry in this months "photo of the month" competition, you will get a glimpse of what your crew have to look forward to at Devizes.

Very best of luck with the build. :cheers:

Merlin

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations :) on the "Birth" of Epiphany, she looks great. Lets hope she is "Christened" in time for you to get some boating in this year.

If you take a look at our entry in this months "photo of the month" competition, you will get a glimpse of what your crew have to look forward to at Devizes.

Thanks Merlin. Great picture! I can't see why people think your photo is better than mine though. Ah, it must be the 9 people who haven't seen mine yet :cheers:

What crew? Fiona and I will probably do the Caen Hill flight by ourselves the first time (we've done it before) - that is if BW hasn't planned a stoppage. Does anyone on the K&A know what and when the winter stoppages are likely to be this year?

Have a look at our Gallery on the Epiphany website to see the latest pictures. Progress has speeded up this week, but there looks a lot more to be done yet. Colecraft are still promising that the completed shell can go to Bath Narrowboats Broad Lane Farm Fitout Workshop, near Seend, Melksham next Thursday, so if you see us en route, give us (the following blue Laguna) a wave. Chris Baber Transport are the carriers. Not sure which road they will take, but they are booked for 8am Thursday at Long Itchington.

:D:D

Have a look at our Gallery on the Epiphany website to see the latest pictures.

Sorry if you tried to look at the pictures and got "site suspended". Obviously the pages were too popular so I had to upgrade from a free site to paid web hosting. The DNS seems to be updated now, so the site is up again.

Progress has speeded up this week, but there looks a lot more to be done yet. Colecraft are still promising that the completed shell can go to Bath Narrowboats ... next Thursday

You'll never guess what!

Oh b_____ you did :D

Revised schedule middle of next week. C'est la vie. Where's Noah when you want him?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Epiphany went in the water a week ago, and she is wonderful. Thanks must go to Bath Narrowboats, who have done a great job.

If you are interested in the first batch of pictures have a look at our Website. More to follow - and the blog will continue....

Thanks for all the support, encouragement and advice.

:)