Groceries? what to buy

Steve Smyth

Featured Posts

Bacon butties an absolute must for brekkie, and I would reccomend you keep an empty egg box on board for those canal side free-range eggs you see for sale, always worth having but they rarely have boxes!

I agree that pasta and a ready made suce with some grated cheese is a good emergancy stand-by (we use the Lloyd Grossman range in jars - long shelf-life).

There are some good ready made soups from the Covent Garden Soup Company - excellent with a nice sandwich of English beef & horseradish.

As for beer - forget all that canned stuff - all supermarkets sell a great range of bottled traditional ales, many from local micro-breweries.

I'm sure if you tell us your route, you'll get lots more helpful advice.

Enjoy!

Two young ladies came down to my builders yard and along the canal this week, giving away Red Bull, I asked them why they were giving it away and they said they were trying to get folk to use it as a drink and not just as a mixer, Well I said at this price I`m converted. :help:

It tastes ok too, they reckon it gives you energy?

Red bull makes a horrable mixer. At our union last term they had a special offer on dbl vodka redbull, making it cheaper than vodka and coke, but i still went for the V&C at 30p more.

- But if you want a crate of 24 mudshakes for £15?

Daniel

Bacon butties an absolute must for brekkie,

My late fathers favourite sandwich snack- and good for dinner when my Mom worked late too!

As for beer - forget all that canned stuff - all supermarkets sell a great range of bottled traditional ales, many from local micro-breweries.

Lovely-Ill be sure to try MOST of them that I can

I'm sure if you tell us your route, you'll get lots more helpful advice.

Enjoy!

The Shroppie from Brewood northwards- only one week though

Cheers

Steve

Two young ladies came down to my builders yard and along the canal this week, giving away Red Bull, I asked them why they were giving it away and they said they were trying to get folk to use it as a drink and not just as a mixer, Well I said at this price I`m converted. :help:

It tastes ok too, they reckon it gives you energy?

Red Bull - B)

just the smell reminds me of those little kids parties where someone throws up after eating a surfeit of jelly trifle. :help:

Red Bull - :help:

just the smell reminds me of those little kids parties where someone throws up after eating a surfeit of jelly trifle. B)

Hah ha Now I know why they were giving it away.

I thought it tasted like aplletizer. I saw it in the supermarket and it`s not cheap either.

It`s not for me I`ll stick to my red wine and whisky (not at the same time though)

They sell Red Bull and Vodka in the bars here as well. I'm told the kids drink it so they can stay up and dance longer. Not going to be much dancing on Sir Ulfius- maybe a few lively games of dominos though!

Thanks for the advice all- see you on the Shroppie!