Mikinu Error Codes

Featured Posts

My Mikuni MX60 is playing up again.

This time it's flashing 3 times which equals the fault "thermistor blown"

What's a thermistor, and can it be bypassed.

A thermistor is the name for a temperature sensor. From the parts diagram here Mikuni it looks like you have four of them (Parts numbered 15, 16, 17 and 18). There is also a flame sensor (part number 6) but if this is like the MX40 it is an optical device rather than a temp sensor. As there are apparently four temp sensors it is difficult to know which one is giving the error code unless it is more specific in the instructions perhaps. I doubt very much whether you can by-pass the faulty component if it needs a certain reading to allow the unit to fire up.

Roger

A thermistor is the name for a temperature sensor. From the parts diagram here Mikuni it looks like you have four of them (Parts numbered 15, 16, 17 and 18). There is also a flame sensor (part number 6) but if this is like the MX40 it is an optical device rather than a temp sensor. As there are apparently four temp sensors it is difficult to know which one is giving the error code unless it is more specific in the instructions perhaps. I doubt very much whether you can by-pass the faulty component if it needs a certain reading to allow the unit to fire up.

Roger

Hi they are thermostats not thermistors. Are theres the same thing?

Roger

Hi they are thermostats not thermistors. Are theres the same thing?

Hi they are thermostats not thermistors. Are these the same thing?

Basically they are a thermistor (a resistance whose resistance varies with temperature). These look as though they switch at a rated temperature (and could also be called a thermostat in that case) and seem to be in pairs so I would presume that one of each pair gives an upper limit and the other a lower. I would give Steve Elliott at Mikuni a ring on Monday morning as he will be able to throw more light on it for sure and he's very helpful. If you look through the complete list of parts you won't find anything listed as a thermistor so it has to be one of those components IMO.

Roger

Edited by Albion

Thanks Roger.

I have spoken to Steve several times and I have to say he is very helpfully, shame the product is not as good as the customer service rom Steve.

I will be on to him for sure first thing Monday morning.

Strange thing is I can get it to work after several false starts.

Thanks Roger.

I have spoken to Steve several times and I have to say he is very helpfully, shame the product is not as good as the customer service rom Steve.

I will be on to him for sure first thing Monday morning.

Strange thing is I can get it to work after several false starts.

Sounds like the flame sensor might be playing up. Had this on mine once when I ran out of fuel (I know....). Although it looked OK, gave it a thorough clean and de-grease, put it back in (added fuel!) and it's been fine ever since. Worthe a try maybe?

Colin

300L? - - yeah - - that should be enough to at least see the Mikuni through 'til Easter <_<

Hmm, I'm not so sure mine seems to be quite frugal as it happens. And I rung Mikuni today about he prolem, no quibble a new thermistor is on its way FOC.

Thingis it fired up this morning no problem at all.

Hmm, I'm not so sure mine seems to be quite frugal as it happens. And I rung Mikuni today about he prolem, no quibble a new thermistor is on its way FOC.

Thingis it fired up this morning no problem at all.

Out of interest then which/what thermistor was it?

Roger

Not sure TBH. I am assured I will know which one needs replacing when I have the part in my hand. It's near the water pump and can be changed live, ie no need to drain the system.

I'll let you know when I do it.

Cheers

Not sure TBH. I am assured I will know which one needs replacing when I have the part in my hand. It's near the water pump and can be changed live, ie no need to drain the system.

I'll let you know when I do it.

Cheers

Bugger, there was a Page 2 as well that I didn't spot, here Page 2. The thermistor is item 17 on that page.

Roger