Insects???

petalponk

Featured Posts

I keep hearing these sorta nibbly crackling scratchy noises from behind the wooden walls.

I haven't seen owt but this is a bit weird, I've noticed a lot of spiders outside but not in the boat, i haven't noticed any other insects, could it be the spiders? It's really annoying me to the point that i was thinking about how to get behind the walls!

Anyone got any ideas???

I keep hearing these sorta nibbly crackling scratchy noises from behind the wooden walls.

I haven't seen owt but this is a bit weird, I've noticed a lot of spiders outside but not in the boat, i haven't noticed any other insects, could it be the spiders? It's really annoying me to the point that i was thinking about how to get behind the walls!

Anyone got any ideas???

Mice or rats? Any signs of droppings? Maybe try a mousetrap for a few nights. I would guess they would have to be big insects to make the noises you describe.

Howard

Guest wanted

It's not the ducks, Moorhens, Coots nibbling weed off the waterline (of your boat) is it?

That was also my first thought, they make quite a rapid pecking sound, scared the hell out of me at first. Now I like it

Anyone got any ideas???

Whatever is causing the noise - - I'd be extremely surprised if it's insects - - (unless they're tropical millipedes 300mm long or thumping great scorpions or similar) - - it certainly is not spiders - unless you've bought them metal boots . . . . and you've not shut a cat in your cupboard/engine hole, have you? - or trapped a bird somewhere?

How long have you had the boat, petal?

Is this a new noise?

Is it on any particular area of the boat?

No it's defo not the waterfowl i quite like that noise, altho it is sometimes shocking!

I did wonder about mice but haven't seen any droppings or signs of them, I did have mice in a flat once so i know the signs.

The noises come from the ceiling and the walls above the gunwales, only in the evening though, maybe its just the boat cooling down??

I really don't know what it is! I don't know what insulation is in this boat and if that would have any impact on that

Oh and i've had the boat a year and i thought i heard similar noises last summer in the bedroom, but convinced myself it was just my sinuses clicking (as they do at night) but it seems to be all over this time.

Edited by petalponk

No it's defo not the waterfowl i quite like that noise, altho it is sometimes shocking!

I did wonder about mice but haven't seen any droppings or signs of them, I did have mice in a flat once so i know the signs.

The noises come from the ceiling and the walls above the gunwales, only in the evening though, maybe its just the boat cooling down??

I really don't know what it is! I don't know what insulation is in this boat and if that would have any impact on that.

How long have you had the boat, petal?

Is this a new noise?

(if it's a newish boat for you - - I suspect , as you do, that it may be cooling noises - - the last few days have been warm)