Licence renewal

dak

Featured Posts

Can my friends out there help me? Our BW licence runs out at the end of July. This will be our first year of having to renew it.

Obviously we have a postal address, which is my daughters in south of England,unfortunately we will be up north when the renewal will be due. My question is - how do we get a licence from my daughters home to us, somewhere around the Macclesfield Canal area?

Can my friends out there help me? Our BW licence runs out at the end of July. This will be our first year of having to renew it.

Obviously we have a postal address, which is my daughters in south of England,unfortunately we will be up north when the renewal will be due. My question is - how do we get a licence from my daughters home to us, somewhere around the Macclesfield Canal area?

You can also do it online. If you could get the renewal number and your customer no. on the letter, from your daughter by phone, thats all you need. I've just done it without any problem (except darned expensive!).

Whoops, just realised you meant actually physically receive your licence - oh well, as other posts have suggested. Sorry.

Get it delivered to a local BW office where you can pick it up from? I got 2011 delivered to the Milton Keynes office and picked it up from there. Not sure though if you have any local offices up north?

Firstly - don't get too concerned about not displaying your licence.

Renew it on-line and BW enforcement officers will know from their PDA's/handhelds your boat is licensed - we ran for months last year and a couple of weeks this with a licenced boat but without the licence in the window and we were not bothered by an enforcement officer who checked us out last year.

Yes they say it's a legal requirement to display it but it seems cases of anybody being pursued by BW for this are well....unkown as far as I can establish - there are too many owners of unlicensed boats to pursue without worrying about those who for whatever reason haven't gotten around to sticking them in the window.

So don't be concerned if by the time your current one expires you haven't found a way of physically getting your new one - you'll be OK.

Get it delivered to a local BW office where you can pick it up from? I got 2011 delivered to the Milton Keynes office and picked it up from there. Not sure though if you have any local offices up north?

In theory that is the best way. Last year I renewed my licence in October (valid 11/11) arranged to have it sent to Wigan Office as I would be there in December. Went to Wigan Office lady said yes we have it somewhere I remember seeing it. 1 hour of searching later she could not find it. Arranged to have another sen,t the lady phoned me to say it had arrived and said she would keep it safe for me. With Christmas and everything did not go until mid January to collect.......the lady I spoke to had left and no one knew where she might have put it!!! I will pick up another one when I get to Leeds in about June and just not bother to display one until then. Give the curtain twitchers something to look at......