Split pipe

barney84

Featured Posts

Hi all

When I was bringing the boat down the Thames last night I notice that one of the pipes to the shower had split and it had dumped alot of water under the flooring of the boat so today I had the joy of hoovering it out but what I need is someone's know how on how to dry the boat out

I know I need the get the rads on and the stove but with the stove not burning right I need some surgestions

I do have 240 so I was thinking some of the halogen heaters etc

If you're trying to dry the underfloor area - when I needed to do that I made a short flexible bit of trunking from a plastic swing-bin-bag with the bottom cut off, duck-taped to the front of a fan heater and sealed around the inspection hatch that I have in my floor by the rear bulkhead, and blew COLD air through for a few days. Being cold air it took little power and didn't melt the plastic or set fire to it, but it effectively dried the whole bilge.

If the water is only in the bilge and you have got most of it out, I wouldn't worry too much - it will dry out on its own.

When I first had my previous boat, the first trip out a pipe blew off the calorifier (the PRV was stuck) and pumped most of the water tank into the bilge. More than that, it was over the floorboards at the stern. I pumped out as much as I could and was worried about the last bit. On return to the boat yard asking what can be done they said not to worry - a lot of boats get a wet bilge in winter anyway due to condensation running down.

Sure enough it dried out soon enough. Anything under the floor should be designed to survive a bit of damp anyway.