Fancy volunteering for CaRT

Bat & Frog

Featured Posts

Ive seen volunteers working alongside the BW man at grindley brook.....and at one lock further on towards Llangollen the chap in the old lock keepers house came out to help boaters on there way....a bit congested then.

my plan was to spend some time on the Llangollen early this year(slightly change due to the tring situation)and I would be intrested in doing some unpaid work...even man the lift bride to allow swift passage......so long as I dont have to wear a life jacket.hard hat.hi vis.etc.

a volunteer once said to me (ex police)I wear my life jacket(wigan flight)to show the local kids that the water can be dangerous..and there was I looking down the flight watching kids of all ages throwing themselves in the canal of lock gates.

I do some volunteer work once a month. The best bonus is I've made a heap of new friends.

That's one of the reasons I like volunteering on the railway it gets me in touch with many people I would not have encountered otherwise at work or socially.

That's one of the reasons I like volunteering on the railway it gets me in touch with many people I would not have encountered otherwise at work or socially.

I agree. Life is so much about email, text and facebook these days that it's rare to have social face to face interaction with like minds all interested in a common cause for the greater good. It's even nicer when those initial meetings spin off into other things such as just meeting up for group occasions. I work so hard that I don't have time to meet people outside of work so I value my once a month volunteer get together. We're now a dog walking group that clears up our section of the towpath as BW volunteers. We all really enjoy the effort and each others company.