Keeping Up in 2011

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

To give you some Christmas reading I've just finished putting the details of our 2011 trip on to our website. This trip took us to Boston, where we explored the newly opened Black Sluice Navigation as well as some of the more distant parts of the Witham Navigable Drains, before crossing right over to the other side of the country and temporarily becoming a ship on the Manchester Ship Canal. After that we went back down to Gloucester and returned via the newly restored Droitwich canals to explore some more of the Birmingham Canal Navigations. Once again it was a fascinating trip, and I have included more pictures than before. I do hope you enjoy reading about it. We also went back to Russia for three weeks this year, cruising from St Petersburg to Astrakhan and Rostov-on-Don. I will be posting details of that wonderful trip on to the website as soon as I can, which probably means it will be there early in 2012.

To give you some Christmas reading I've just finished putting the details of our 2011 trip on to our website. This trip took us to Boston, where we explored the newly opened Black Sluice Navigation as well as some of the more distant parts of the Witham Navigable Drains, before crossing right over to the other side of the country and temporarily becoming a ship on the Manchester Ship Canal. After that we went back down to Gloucester and returned via the newly restored Droitwich canals to explore some more of the Birmingham Canal Navigations. Once again it was a fascinating trip, and I have included more pictures than before. I do hope you enjoy reading about it. We also went back to Russia for three weeks this year, cruising from St Petersburg to Astrakhan and Rostov-on-Don. I will be posting details of that wonderful trip on to the website as soon as I can, which probably means it will be there early in 2012.

Hi Allan,

I have just spent a half hour browsing this amazing blog and will look forward to having a longer browse. It is so interesting and particularly caught my eye as two very dear friends live at Torksey Lock.

Have a good Christmas both of you,

Sue