Trent and Mersey, Middlewich locks

leeco

Featured Posts

I have been waiting for work on one of the Locks to be done so we could get past and been told the work on the lock is finished today and should be able to get all the way to skipton. They said work will start on lock 74 on the Trent and Mersey on the 5th of dec.

I have been waiting for work on one of the Locks to be done so we could get past and been told the work on the lock is finished today and should be able to get all the way to skipton. They said work will start on lock 74 on the Trent and Mersey on the 5th of dec.

If your going to Skipton this year Stegneck Lock at Gargrave is closed from 07/11 to 21/12.

Next year Plank Lane bridge is closed from 09/01 to 09/03 also Heigh Park bridge is closed 04/01 to 09/03

If your going to Skipton this year Stegneck Lock at Gargrave is closed from 07/11 to 21/12.

Next year Plank Lane bridge is closed from 09/01 to 09/03 also Heigh Park bridge is closed 04/01 to 09/03

Thanks for the info.

I have a mooring in rodley so hoping to get it there before the 4th of jan. Hopefully there will be a gap for us to get past.

There was a stoppage listed for Middlewich Lock No. 72. There was no stoppage.

There was a stoppage listed for Wincham to Marbury 07/11/11 - 21/11/11. There was no stoppage.

There was a stoppage listed for Barnton Basin from 07/11/11. There was no stoppage from 07/11/11 to 21/11/11. There is now a'restriction' notice from 23/11/11 to 23/12/11. There is no restriction.

Meanwhile the local 'harassment' officer has been patrolling this areas and issuing notices to 'continue your journey'.

When questioned about the 'stoppages' she said she didn't know anything about stoppages.

There was a stoppage listed for Middlewich Lock No. 72. There was no stoppage.

There was a stoppage listed for Wincham to Marbury 07/11/11 - 21/11/11. There was no stoppage.

There was a stoppage listed for Barnton Basin from 07/11/11. There was no stoppage from 07/11/11 to 21/11/11. There is now a'restriction' notice from 23/11/11 to 23/12/11. There is no restriction.

Meanwhile the local 'harassment' officer has been patrolling this areas and issuing notices to 'continue your journey'.

When questioned about the 'stoppages' she said she didn't know anything about stoppages.

Driving over the ship canal at Barton yesterday and today I notice the aqueduct is swung shut to boats at the moment. I thought the maintenance closure was in the New Year?

Edit to say that it is now open to Bridgewater traffic again.

Edited by journeyperson