That was the summer that was

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

Does that mean they had simply slowed down too much when they should have been doing it ?

No, all paper work has been done, it is just a pain in the ass being an unpaid tax collector for HMRC !

But just to clarify, there is no intention to stop selling diesel from Selby Boat Centre, regards simon

Late March and it was time to set off from Sowerby Bridge on my summer excursion. Slight delay at Hebden Bridge as a lock was not reopened on time before traversing Summit to Littleborough, where I lingered a while as the beer was £1:50 a pint. Down the Manchester horrids, the Rochdale 9 for the first time, which wasn't nearly as hard as I'd been led to believe and on to the pleasant, lock free trip along the Bridgewater then ran out of fuel just short of Lymm. Whilst trudging for miles in search of diesel, Liam passed with his fuel boat. On to Middlewich and that's when the boat broke down.

Aha - The "Middlewich Triangle" strikes again. In twenty odd (some very odd) years of hiring, we've broken down four times - but of those four breakdowns, two were in Middlewich and the other have occured since then so for several years we held a 100% Middlewich Breakdown record - hence we renamed it The Middlwich Trangle