Is anyone near Limehouse Basin?

Daftmare

Featured Posts

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help me to get a photograph of a boat name?

The narrowboat is "ST DAVID'S" and it is usually moored at Limehouse Basin. It is named St David's in English on one side and in Welsh on the other. Its colours are navy, red and cream mainly (IIRC).

We took photos of the name of the boat a couple of weeks ago on the River Wey, but now cannot find the images. We loved the colours they had used (especially a lovely pale blue for shading), and we need to give Dean Box/and the boat painters some colours very very soon, as our boat is being repainted in October.

So this is really just to ask if anyone is in the vicinity of Limehouse Basin and could possibly take a photograph of this boat name for us again.

A big ask, but I thought it was worth a try!

Thanks

Jo x

Hi

I'm not far from Limehouse Basin and would make an interesting lunchtime project.

Never having been there my main concern would be how close can you get to the moored boats ?

Most Basins/Marina's have some degree of security which could make getting close enough to take a decent picture difficult.

Can anyone comment on access at Limehouse Basin ?

She is moored towards the end of our pontoon, I will take a photo when I am next on the boat.

Thank you so much!

:cheers:

Hi

I'm not far from Limehouse Basin and would make an interesting lunchtime project.

Never having been there my main concern would be how close can you get to the moored boats ?

Most Basins/Marina's have some degree of security which could make getting close enough to take a decent picture difficult.

Can anyone comment on access at Limehouse Basin ?

Thanks for the offer Jon. I could not have given you info on the security there, but I expect there would have been some. I appreciate your reply.

jo.

Ah missed the second question. Limehouse Marina is sensibly secure so you can't access the pontoons but you should be able to see Mr David from the north side of the basin - it is towards the end of the most westerly pontoon. Look for a fabulously big white gin palace, Mr David is lined up to just miss the Gin Palace. I am there on Thursday, will try to remember to take photographs as I swing the boat out past the Gin Palace.

Ah missed the second question. Limehouse Marina is sensibly secure so you can't access the pontoons but you should be able to see Mr David from the north side of the basin - it is towards the end of the most westerly pontoon. Look for a fabulously big white gin palace, Mr David is lined up to just miss the Gin Palace. I am there on Thursday, will try to remember to take photographs as I swing the boat out past the Gin Palace.

Hope its the right boat! I am pretty sure the one I am looking for is called St David's, not Mr David?

Thanks for this.

Jo.

Hope its the right boat! I am pretty sure the one I am looking for is called St David's, not Mr David?

Thanks for this.

Jo.

Sorry that it is me not being able to type, it is St David's and I think there is also Tyddewi on the signwriting but I am may be getting that confused with the guy's sweatshirt?

Sorry that it is me not being able to type, it is St David's and I think there is also Tyddewi on the signwriting but I am may be getting that confused with the guy's sweatshirt?

Yep, that's the right boat. I don't mind which side you photograph, so long as its the signwriting, which shows the colours, more or less. I realise that a camera cannot capture the colours exactly right, but it will remind me what it was I really liked about it!

I am very grateful for this.

Jo