What if No mooring

keving

Featured Posts

What if you can't get moorings local to you within 20 mile. Will BW let you moor on a temporery mooring.

Or do you have to keep moving on. Do the disabled get privaledges when it comes to moorings. For access.

I've joined the BW site. And have been looking for moorings in the Doncaster area. But there seems to be none. Are BW obligated to provide moorings on streches of canals.

To answer in the sequence of asking :-

1) Only up to 14 days unless there are notices saying less like "48 hrs" or "7 days" or even "2 hours"

So you have to keep moving on, if you have licensed the boat as a continuous cruiser, which, if you have no home mooring, you will have to.

2)Disabled - there are some disabled visitors moorings. I know of some at Stoke Bruerne.

3) No, BW are not obliged to provide moorings. There are Marinas in the Doncaster area. Try www.bluewatermarina.co.uk, or www.staniland-marina.co.uk for example.

If the truth be known, BW can probably find reasons / excuses why they do not have to provide anything!! (lol)

Keith

What if you can't get moorings local to you within 20 mile. Will BW let you moor on a temporery mooring.

Or do you have to keep moving on. Do the disabled get privaledges when it comes to moorings. For access.

I've joined the BW site. And have been looking for moorings in the Doncaster area. But there seems to be none. Are BW obligated to provide moorings on streches of canals.

Thanks Kieth

how far do you have to move when you get a notice to move.

Iwould prefer to have a BW mooring as they are cheaper than some of the mariners.

I will be starting my fitout in 2012 so I have plenty of time to hopfully getting a mooring.

Kevin

The rules say "to another place" and that is where the dispute continues----needs a court case to determine. Think there might have been one of late

Thanks Kieth

how far do you have to move when you get a notice to move.

Iwould prefer to have a BW mooring as they are cheaper than some of the mariners.

I will be starting my fitout in 2012 so I have plenty of time to hopfully getting a mooring.

Kevin

There are a few bw moorings in the middle of doncaster (though they may have been taken over by a private operator). Keep an eye out for those on the tender site. Also Rotherham East wood lock. On the Don you only want to be stopping at proper spots in general. Try the Chester field too. Or sheffield basin. There is no obligation for bw to provide moorings.