Parts for Perkins 3 cylinder engine

Featured Posts

I'm trying to help a customer out by locating a water pump and associated gaskets and other engine gubbins for a Perkins 3 cylinder boat engine. Unfortunately I don't have any more technical details as the customer doesn't seem very technical and neither am I. I do know that 3 cylinder Perkins are much more unusual than 4 cylinder ones so the parts are much harder to find.

So, it you can point me in the right direction maybe I can put my customer in touch with the right person to get him moving again. Parts need to be supplied to London.

I know the forum is very helpful and knowledgable so thanks in advance,

Debbi

I do know that 3 cylinder Perkins are much more unusual than 4 cylinder ones so the parts are much harder to find.

Not necessarily.....

The "D3" engine is quite common, and there are still older "P3"s about.

As far as I'm aware DiPerk already mentioned are the main boys for Perkins.

You will need something that identifies it to progress very far though. I would assume that DiPerk cound probably tell you the engine type from a serial number, if it has one on it somewhere.

On my d3 the engine number was on a plate below the inlet manifold, I couldnt see it so I just took a picture of it, worked well.

Another vote for diperk, top service.

Thank you all so far. I'll give my customer a call and hopefully with the advice provided put him in touch with DiPerk.

Debbi

Thank you all so far. I'll give my customer a call and hopefully with the advice provided put him in touch with DiPerk.

Debbi

yep i use Diperk as well, you will need the engine No which is on the right side of the engine block.

Paul M

I have obtained parts for Perkins D3.152 from agricultural machinery dealers. They use Perkins for Massey Ferguson machinery.

I understand a lot of perkins engine components are marked with their part no.

I note part are needed for the London area so such outlets may not be as common as in East Anglia, however that engine is used for a lot by plant and generator builders so that might be another source.

John & Kathy

nb Sirius