eberspacher

tonyreptiles

Featured Posts

I have an eberspacher which heats my radiators but not my water.

I don't have a cli=ue how it works apart from that I know it uses diesel and comes on when I pull a switch.

A couple of questions if I may.

1. Are they expensive to use. I know they use diesel but how much? Does it use electricity too? How does the cost compare with using coal/wood in my stove.

2 Can it be set up to heat my water too?

3. What's your opinion on them?

Cheers all

TR

We are liveaboard on an ex Black Prince 62ft boat that uses an Eberspacher for hot water and radiators. It does a brilliant job of heating 3 decent sized radiators and providing copious hot water.

I'm sure that it is possible to make it heat water as well as radiators but this may mean you need to invest in a new hot water tank.

My web site (please insert the www bit and the dot co.uk at each end) at canalpages, follow the link to 'going liveaboard' tells you much about what we are up to and has a section on the way our boat is plumbed including a schematic that may help. It is a pretty standard layout.

We have - and I'm sure it could be altered if I could be bothered - the opposite problem. Our engine gives us masses of hot water but will not feed the radiator. A look at the schematic will show you that the Eberspacher circuit goes through the tank and the rads - hence providing heat to both, but the engine only goes to the hot water tank.

Ideally what I'd like is for both to do both. Maybe one day I'll get around to it.