Middlewich Boat Hire...Anyone used them?

TIZWIZ

Featured Posts

Fair enough.

- Most of his newer boats have the mitsi engine in them i beleave, however he did say that shadowfax (this years new boat) has a yanmar in her. Although that might just have been cicumstance or an experiment.

Yes, they only have one BMC engine left now and that's Silmaril. Elbereth, Myrddin, Yavanna and Thorin are all Mitsubishi and as you say, Shadowfax is the Yanmar. It's a semi-trad boat, all the others are the cruiser stern.

We usually hire Myrddin for the family trip, as it was the longest and a 6 berth, with a very good stove, but when it's just the two of us at Easter, we hire Thorin and before that Mr Tod.

We may try and book Yavanna next year, I've heard it's a good boat.

Yeah, sounds about right.

- Where abouts are you then, im guessing you live in the area?

We live close to bunbury, just accross the a59.

Daniel

Manchester, so it's only a 45 minute drive down the road, we know the area so well though. We take the A49 from the M56 and then right at the Red Fox.

We often go for a canal walk/up Beeston Castle there anyway. It seems a very nice area to live.

I might just have my boat permanently moored there (if/when I buy my own boat).

Edit - near Worsley actually.

Edited by Philip

Yeah, well if you where to carry on 2miles further down the a49, then hang a left, thats us.

- And we often stomp up beeston castle, although everytime i go i just spend the whole time thinking how much more fun it would if i where on my bike!!

We know worsley quite well. The boat spent quite a large amount of time there in her early days while she was still being fitting out. And we have blacked there a large number of times since.

- Infact, we're planing to black there next year assuming all goes to plan.

Daniel

Yeah, well if you where to carry on 2miles further down the a49, then hang a left, thats us.

- And we often stomp up beeston castle, although everytime i go i just spend the whole time thinking how much more fun it would if i where on my bike!!

We know worsley quite well. The boat spent quite a large amount of time there in her early days while she was still being fitting out. And we have blacked there a large number of times since.

- Infact, we're planing to black there next year assuming all goes to plan.

Daniel

I think I know the road. We usually pass the left turn into Bunbury just a few yards before turning off for Beeston Castle, about a mile further up from the Wild Boar I think. Sometimes, after going up Beeston, we then drive to Bunbury locks and we go through the village by that route.

When going to Bunbury via canal, we've walked up the road that goes over Tilstone lock and through the wood and also the road that goes over at the bottom of the staircase locks, normally going to the Dysart Arms.

Edited by Philip

Yeah, there are millions of tiny interconecting roads!

We where moored just down stream of tillstone a number of years ago, at the bottom of a garden on the non-towpath side.

- Used to silt up like noones bussness. Infact it was geting off the silt there where we bent our rudder. running around in reverse.

Daniel

Yeah, there are millions of tiny interconecting roads!

We where moored just down stream of tillstone a number of years ago, at the bottom of a garden on the non-towpath side.

- Used to silt up like noones bussness. Infact it was geting off the silt there where we bent our rudder. running around in reverse.

Daniel

We moored for the night there on a trip last year - is a very pleasant place to moor and in the morning we had a sunny, frosty morning - was a very pleasant view.

We always see a boat moored up there now - it's been moored there for years, can't remember the name of it, but it's also on the non-towpath side.