Thinking of selling

floatingphil

Featured Posts

Hi folks

I,m thinking of selling our 47ftNB and building a new longer and/ or wider boat. Question is.. would my current boat be easier to sell or more desirable if it is sold with the possibility of transfering our leisure mooring with it? I,m tempted to go down the widebeam route but realise the cruising restrictions that has. Has any one gone from narrow to wide craft only to regret it later? I suppose its all a compromise.

Thanks

Phil

Hi folks

I,m thinking of selling our 47ftNB and building a new longer and/ or wider boat. Question is.. would my current boat be easier to sell or more desirable if it is sold with the possibility of transfering our leisure mooring with it? I,m tempted to go down the widebeam route but realise the cruising restrictions that has. Has any one gone from narrow to wide craft only to regret it later? I suppose its all a compromise.

Thanks

Phil

We sold our 47ft and built a 58ft ourselves, both narrow. We don't use a mooring so in our case it wouldn't make any difference.

Sue

Hi Phil,

I'm looking at buying my first boat but already have a leisure mooring sorted. It just seemed like that was the easiest way to do it. I wanted to find a mooring I liked rather than taking one which came with a boat I bought. That's just the way I'm doing it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who buy the boat before the mooring.

Dave

I sold my 45ft narrow boat and a couple of years later bought a 57ft widebeam - no regrets on that score. It just depends how much cruising you intend (or intended) to do. If you go wide then you've got to be satisfied with the restricted cruising range. As you say, whatever boat you go for it's all a compromise, so you've just got to decide which compromises you're prepared to make.

Edited by blackrose

Thanks for your thoughts guys, think i will run an advert for the boat on its current mooring and see what happens. Good moorings on the Leeds / Liverpool seem few and far between.

Anyone for a 47ft semitrad? Will post in 'For Sale' when Ive cobbled everything together

Phil