boatbuilders in trouble

tony collins

Featured Posts

I see that two more boatbuilder shave called in the administrators Measham and Heron this is all in the last couple of weeks, I guess it is stand by for more!

Tony :wacko:

I think here today, gone tomorrow and back today might apply to one of those. But if it doesn't cost the customers then that isn't an entirely bad thing.

If I can correct matters slightly here - one of my customers (a friend of mine) is having a boat built by Measham Boats and has been in close contact with them.

There have been business problems due to an acrimonious divorce battle, but this has now been solved by folding the company and restarting it, which has been achieved (as far as I know) without any customers losing their money or their boats.

This is not a company failure, but a domestic problem which has overflowed into the business. No staff have lost their jobs, they are still taking orders and it is business as usual, just under a new name. Tony Gallimore Boats.

Please don't suggest that this is a business failure - as I understand it the only people to lose out at peresent are the suppliers, and Tony is endeavouring to repay them as soon as trading allows.

I won't put any more for now, but am passing information of this post on to Tony, via my customer, and I hope he will give you more information directly.

If I can correct matters slightly here - one of my customers (a friend of mine) is having a boat built by Measham Boats and has been in close contact with them.

There have been business problems due to an acrimonious divorce battle, but this has now been solved by folding the company and restarting it, which has been achieved (as far as I know) without any customers losing their money or their boats.

This is not a company failure, but a domestic problem which has overflowed into the business. No staff have lost their jobs, they are still taking orders and it is business as usual, just under a new name. Tony Gallimore Boats.

Please don't suggest that this is a business failure - as I understand it the only people to lose out at peresent are the suppliers, and Tony is endeavouring to repay them as soon as trading allows.

I won't put any more for now, but am passing information of this post on to Tony, via my customer, and I hope he will give you more information directly.

Absolutely worth saying... it constantly amazes me how easy I find it to persume one thing, when sometimes there really is a different story going on behind the headlines!

Thanks for that Bones, Suppliers will still have issues, but some may have credit insurance to cover. At least the principal seems to be doing all he can for his customers.

Tony.

Thanks for that Bones, Suppliers will still have issues, but some may have credit insurance to cover. At least the principal seems to be doing all he can for his customers.

Tony.

Absolutely! I loath divorce - its such a distructive thing and affects more poeple than anyone imagines initially! I just hope this all goes smoothly in the circumstances, and the builder can get his feet back on the ground with the new name, and doesn't end up being sunk by rumours (albeit innocent rumours!) - thats the pits. Thank goodness there is life after divorce....

hmm - more wine anyone?

p.s. it was canalshop man who posted the one you quotedm but I am always pleased for thanks! :D:wacko:

Edited by Bones

• 2 weeks later...

No one like's to hear of any business in trouble, especially boat builders.

But recently I hear that HIXON BOATS went bancrupt, for the second time around I am informed,but are reforming under a new name,same place at HIXON in Staffordshire. Now what I want to know is this true, or was it just hearsay?

We know people who have Hixon Boats, and they have issues with the company and are persuing those issues. But have not been made aware of the situation. Does anyone know if it is true :lol: ?

We know people who have Hixon Boats, and they have issues with the company and are persuing those issues. But have not been made aware of the situation. Does anyone know if it is true :lol: ?

Un less this has happened twice very quickly I think there was a thread about this a few weeks ago try searching Itledo4me's posts

Tony B)

Hi all,Tis I ,@ iteldoo4me,and there was a rumour,but it was only that,unless there has been another one circulating.My court case still remains in force,..any questions please pm me.Take it easy out there people.Marc