Advice Needed

junior_7178

Featured Posts

Hi,im new to all this and hoping to get some help from some of you folks on here.

Im planning to purchase a Liveaboard and will be looking for a Residential mooring,possibly with the boat to make things easier.

Ive been doing some reasearch,although most of it on the Internet as i live in Brighton at the moment and i dont believe there are any canals down this way?

Im going to be worki9ng in Peterbrough from early 2007 so im hoping to find something round that way.

Can anybody tell me what area to start looking in,i dont know the area well.What is the closest Canal/river to Peterbrough and can i be hopeful of finding a residential mooring in that area?

If anyone has any other top tips they can offer me they would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.fenswaterways.com/

This might be a place to start. I've done little boating in the area, but do know it well. The Nene is the closest, and there is a large marina at Oundle. But the Great Ouse and the Middle Level are also not too far away. Don't know about residential, but spoilt for choice regarding waterways.

http://www.fenswaterways.com/

This might be a place to start. I've done little boating in the area, but do know it well. The Nene is the closest, and there is a large marina at Oundle. But the Great Ouse and the Middle Level are also not too far away. Don't know about residential, but spoilt for choice regarding waterways.

Thanks for the quick reply.I posted on another forum several weeks away and still havent had a reply.

I think the best thing for me to do is to take a drive up there one day and have a wonder around and talk to people.

Thanks for the quick reply.I posted on another forum several weeks away and still havent had a reply.

I think the best thing for me to do is to take a drive up there one day and have a wonder around and talk to people.

I've heard of places around ramsey (or something)....