Brokerage Contracts

Morby

Featured Posts

Dear All,

On Thursday 31st March I signed papers from a broker so they would proceed with selling my boat. On Saturday 2nd April I sold to a friend who had contacted me a while ago, before I called the broker.

I have as yet, not received any paperwork from the broker, or had any pictures taken of the boat for publication on their website.

Where do I stand when they tell me I have to pay them £500 for this "service"?

Please help.

Thanks

H

Dear All,

On Thursday 31st March I signed papers from a broker so they would proceed with selling my boat. On Saturday 2nd April I sold to a friend who had contacted me a while ago, before I called the broker.

I have as yet, not received any paperwork from the broker, or had any pictures taken of the boat for publication on their website.

Where do I stand when they tell me I have to pay them £500 for this "service"?

Please help.

Thanks

H

Did the same with the sale of my flat, signed contract, then due to word of mouth my end, and before any work was done by estate agents, ie, pictures in paper, on internet, signs outside property, etc. I was made an offer by a friend, but still had to pay commission to estate agents, it was in the small print in the contract, stating any sale, however made, I was duty bound to pay commission, binding for six months. Sorry, it's the law.

Edited by Picard

Did the same with the sale of my flat, signed contract, then due to word of mouth my end, and before any work was done by estate agents, ie, pictures in paper, on internet, signs outside property, etc. I was made an offer by a friend, but still had to pay commission to estate agents, it was in the small print in the contract, stating any sale, however made, I was duty bound to pay commission, binding for six months. Sorry, it's the law.

Same with me

Unfortunately, you've signed something. What does it say in the small print? Maybe you could negotiate due to the fact they haven't actually done anything.

We once had a house which was rented to tenants. We decided to sell, and gave the tenants first refusal. They thought about it for a while, then said they didn't want to buy it, so we put it on with a local agent. 2 days later, we bumped into the tenant in the supermarket and he says, "oh, I've just been to the estate agents to make an offer on the house!" Mr Hum nearly killed him on the spot! We managed to get the bill reduced a bit as they hadn't actually done anything, but it still cost us £1,500.