Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
daves6guitars

Identifying Lucas Alternators

Featured Posts

Does anyone know how you identify the model type of a Lucas alternator. On mine there are no identifying marks apart from the plastic case at the back saying LUCAS, and Made In England. It has a yellow and a black lead coming from one side, with an unused terminal just above it. On the other side is the thick red cable that goes to the Engine Management system and a smaller yellow lead coming from a separate post. Inside the case there is a rectangular voltage regulator marked Lucas 14v regulator. There's nothing wrong, it's been working fine, it's just I would like to know what type in case I have problems in the future. Thanks in advance!!

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/Daves6guitars/CIMG0461.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/Daves6guitars/CIMG0463.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/Daves6guitars/CIMG0464.jpg

Edited by daves6guitars

A photo will almost certainly get you a close to immediate response.

A description will likely get nothing.

A115.

A machine remarkable in my experience for astonishing robustness and long life. Pretty low output though, only 45A.

Any number of more modern alternators with better output will be a simple direct swap if it does ever go tits up, including the inevitable A127. To help identify replacement you have a right hand fitting alternator.

A115.

A machine remarkable in my experience for astonishing robustness and long life. Pretty low output though, only 45A.

Any number of more modern alternators with better output will be a simple direct swap if it does ever go tits up, including the inevitable A127. To help identify replacement you have a right hand fitting alternator.

But you can get a tractor regulator for them... This helps a bit.

A115.

Thankyou...much appreciated....Dave