Satellite dish type TV options

DeanS

Featured Posts

Surely there is enough football on ordinary TV without having to go down the Sky route? It seems to me that whenever I turn the TV on, there's football on nearly every channel. Just tell the FIL he will have to compromise and either not watch so much, or go to the pub when it's on.

Our set up consists of a £30 Freesat box and one of those suitcase dishes with the suction base, which we got on E-bay for around £45. Takes a couple of minutes to set up once you know which way to point it. (We have got an aerial which goes up on a pole and a TV with Freeview in it, but the Sat Dish is much easier). With all the bad weather over the last few weeks the dish blew off the roof into the water and soaked for a couple of days before our neighbours noticed, but they fished it out, hung it up in the cratch to dry and it still works fine. One tip, make sure you leave a load of extra cable. Then, when it falls off it will just drop into the water, rather than bang about on the side, until you can retrieve it.

Radio Five sport then Match of the Day, SKY Dish,XBox360???? more crap on the roof and so much for enjoying the scenic countryside, rural pursuits and life away from it all on the water, lol

It's a balance. I was just asking what the options are..that's all. Dont see why FIL should miss his footie if there's a simple way for him to watch once in a while B)

Edited by DeanS
  • Greenie 1