Council Tax

sanford

Featured Posts

My council's definition of furnished was explicitly "including beds or sofas that could be used for sleeping"

White goods no longer considered as furniture as quite often built in & very often left in situ in vacant house

The problem here, as has already been made fairly clear, I think, is that there is no national policy on such matters.

Some councils will allow quite a lot to still be there, others treat a single chair as "furnished".

In exactly the same way, the rebates that councils allow in various circumstances are sometimes at different percentages, depending on the council.

May not be logical - may not be fair - but it's clearly a fact!

The problem here, as has already been made fairly clear, I think, is that there is no national policy on such matters.

Some councils will allow quite a lot to still be there, others treat a single chair as "furnished".

In exactly the same way, the rebates that councils allow in various circumstances are sometimes at different percentages, depending on the council.

May not be logical - may not be fair - but it's clearly a fact!

There are guidelines and regulations.

The thing is that councils are so cash strapped...they will 'try it on..make up some rules..' and squeeze you for cash...that is what is not fair.

A friend of mine has just been through this with nursing care for his 95 year old father.

You can't tell me that Brighton Council..have not dealt with this before..but it took him to print out info from the government and NHS website...to get them to admit his case and help him. He was very upset and very vulnerable and they played on that.

I pay Council tax to my LA. This means that I contribute to the sevices that they provide. When I go elsewhere then I use other LAs' facillities and CT payers from other areas who visit my LA use mine. This is fair enough. We have paid our shares.

If I pay no CT to anyone then I am benefitting from LA provided facillities, without contributing, wherever I am.

What is silly and ill considered about that?

I'm with you on that one AlanH and very many boaters I've spoken to over the years feel that way too.

I'm with you on that one AlanH and very many boaters I've spoken to over the years feel that way too.

How many boaters is that then..?...

I'm interested..

When I ran my companies..you'd get emplyees would say to me..'loads of people'..

They could never quantify that really..

You may only have a few friends...and 'very many boaters'...may be 2...!

Bob