Keep a heading

Featured Posts

Certainly not. I don't want tea cooked when I'm stopping at Market Drayton 'cos I know a good Indian Restaurant as well. Perhaps it's the same one . We did go up Tyrley last summer but it was fairly early in the morning so it can't have been me.

We stopped at the top and I said to the OCM "Get in the cabin and cook me breakfast." Only joking

... in my family, you laugh at the steerer you get left on the lockside! 

Well I could try that with my lot too, but I might end up cruising single-handed!

I will admit to making the bacon butties...nobody else seems to have quite the 'knack'.

:o Or so they tell me....

Zoë

There is a new Chinese restaurant open in Market Drayton too - absolutely superb!

There are two Indian restaurants in Drayton - in both the food is pretty good although one has a propensity for adding tinned fruit salad to anything on its menu vaguely tropical while the other serves "complimentary" drinks which are dubious to say the least!

The fruit salad one is next door to the garish kebab house while the low-alcohol gloop one is down the adjacent side street.

The Chinese is just across from the Buttercross - the sort of covered marketplace in the centre of town - go there!

Incidentally it wasn't me who suggested anyone ought to be making the tea!

I don't like bruises or getting wet much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Re blue boards / flag / light - when I was working on the Seine, the commercial boats all had these, but took the view that only girls, amateurs and soft southerners use them - real men just open the throttle and go for it - it's pretty clear when you see a 3000 ton push train coming at you at 15 knots on the wrong side what he's doing, and you are expected to know and get out of the way! (Downhill boats take the outside of all the bends, uphill the inside if that helps it make sense)