Liverpool Link - Pictures

TheWilk

Featured Posts

Think they meant the first to operate inside the Liverpool boundary and not out in woolyback land :lol:

Edited to add I had to laugh at all the reports I have heard about this boat on radio merseyside as no one seams to know what to call it with it being a wide beam.

Most popular name for it is a wide narrow boat lol

Edited by muddywaters

Here you go the full story, it's not actually operating on the L&L it self but the Mersey Link

floating grace

Earlier the echo run this ,http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/11/24/narrowboat-restaurant-sets-sail-from-liverpool-100252-29831415/

Same story ,same boat , same everything really except 3 years had been spent restoring it "THE NARROWBOAT" to its former glory , hard to know what to believe , is it new built for this job or an old boat restored.

• 1 month later...

re. the floating grace, I walked away from this project in September, just heard the other tw

re. the floating grace, I walked away from this project in September, just heard the other two boatmasters have been laid off after less than half a dozen bookings.

a complete shambles and sickening waste of public and charity money.

You asked earlier about the boat being able to pass through stanley dock bridge , not sure if you meant the iron bascule bridge or the great howard st road bridge , can you say now if the boat was able to access the locks and the L&L CANAL proper.

Sorry to hear this never worked out so good for you and others.

it was originally planned to go up the locks but they didn't take into account the changing levels in Stanley Dock making it too big for the bridge under Gt Howard St. By accounts I've heard it only went through the tunnels on the Link with 4T of ballast.

this is one of the many, many problems you may encounter if you ask an architect/landscape gardening company to design a boat for you.

I could write a book on this fiasco!