Elsan out of order or is it ???

cloggy

Featured Posts

I noticed on passing that the elsan & pumpout at Hazelmere marina Waltham Abbey on the river Lea (lee) is still out of order.

After mooring up and wandering into on of the pubs got talking to boaters from the marina who stated that they have access to a key for the seperate padlock on the elsan so that they can use it. This all seems a bit odd to me. im guessing that because the marina is closing down in January BW have decided to start early.

I noticed on passing that the elsan & pumpout at Hazelmere marina Waltham Abbey on the river Lea (lee) is still out of order. After mooring up and wandering into on of the pubs got talking to boaters from the marina who stated that they have access to a key for the seperate padlock on the elsan so that they can use it. This all seems a bit odd to me. im guessing that because the marina is closing down in January BW have decided to start early.

Something similar happened at Tinsley marina a while back - when new locks were placed on the doors of the Toilet/Shower/Elsan Block. A few weeks later they were changed back to the usual BW key!

Something similar happened at Tinsley marina a while back - when new locks were placed on the doors of the Toilet/Shower/Elsan Block. A few weeks later they were changed back to the usual BW key!

BW key is still on the main gate and 2 locks on the elsan toilets locked as well and the bin removed

I noticed on passing that the elsan & pumpout at Hazelmere marina Waltham Abbey on the river Lea (lee) is still out of order.

After mooring up and wandering into on of the pubs got talking to boaters from the marina who stated that they have access to a key for the seperate padlock on the elsan so that they can use it. This all seems a bit odd to me. im guessing that because the marina is closing down in January BW have decided to start early.

Yeah it is closing, some of the boats are being moved down to our marina. It is infurating. They've obviously closed it early coz it costs them money to maintain (if you'd seen the amount of breakdowns and repairs they get!).

It's not good for ccers - they don't get a great reception from many of the boatyards on the L&S - BW tells them to use the facilities there instead but quite often they are either charged or told to clear off. From reading the user group notes this is how BW likes to try to 'get rid' of liveaboard communities that spring up. They closed Feildes Weir services to try and break up a big boat squat there. But guess what? it doesn't work and every user of the cut suffers as a result.

So now the only BW facility on the Lee is Stonebridge. Quite often blocked as it is oversubscribed.

It's a nightmare - we have more and more liveaboards on the River and BW's answer is to shut all the facilities. They also sent us letters last year warning us against dumping the contents of our elsans.

Don't want to come back from the Thames back to our horrible pooey Elsan point. :angry: