Wyrley & Essington passage

dave moore

Featured Posts

Hi all

I recall Laurence Hogg posting to say how much improved the "Curly Wyrley" is following maintenance last year. I'd like to endorse his comments. Last Thursday we left Norton Canes for 6:30 am (superb sunrise as we travelled down the Cannock extension) and were at Wolverhampton top lock for 12:15, having stopped for shopping at Wednesfield. No bladefuls, (we draw 2'6" under way) just gentle boating through some largely attractive rural/semi rural countryside for much of the way. This was the best trip by far and I urge you to sample it for yourselves. The bad reputation of the past is ill deserved now. Sorry...no photos to post at present

Cheers

Dave

• Greenie 1

Did the same run - out yesterday, & back today - 5 hrs norton canes -> horsley fields jcn,

5 hrs 15 mins horseley fields jcn -> norton canes. Much much better than it used to be.

No weedhatch use - some weedy bits but most could be thrown off with a quick burst of

reverse. Water pretty much "on Level".

springy