Blog Layout and Functionality

DHutch

Featured Posts

As part of the forum upgrade both the blog and gallery applications which are supplied as extensions to the base forum software was also upgraded.

I have not really used the blog myself, before or after the upgrade, however i understand a large number of members do, which i why we have retained it and renewed the license for it. Having done that, im keen that the most is made of it and make sure that it works as well as it can and its used by members.

Henceforth if anyone has any thoughts or comments, please use this thread to air them. Im interested in comments from both people with experience of other blog and forum systems, and from those who are less experienced with forums. Anyone who uses the forum, infact, including those who don't currently us the blog system.

What to you like? Dislike? If you dont use it, why not?

Please also see the sister thread : Gallery Layout and Functionality

Daniel

It's already improved since the new setup was 'new' but when you click on the full list of blogs there are loads listed with 0 entries, some of which I am sure did have entries before.How long do unused blogs stay on there, there seem to be a few that have ended and some that just had 1 entry advertising their product.

Casp'

It's already improved since the new setup was 'new' but when you click on the full list of blogs there are loads listed with 0 entries.

Initially (when it was brand new) the blog entry's and comments had not been rebuilt but it should be ok now, assuming your not running into issues with having old versions of pages cached in your browser.

I will fire up the blog and have a look for the blogs with 0 entries that you mentioned and try and work out what is causing this.

I've been back into the blog list and the blogs now show as having entries, so either you've sorted it or it was just me all along. I've added an entry since the update and that went ok.

The only thing i'd like altered, if possible, is on the main screen it shows in large bold type the title of the latest post but the blog name is fairly tiny and almost hidden. Maybe i'm being a bit piccy now..

Casp'