Old Fashioned Sink And Taps?

Featured Posts

While I was browsing around my project fibreglass boat and working on the engine, I decided to take a look at the knackered looking relic of a water system. I'd assumed it was totally clapped but really I imagine it could be fixed up. Has anyone ever heard of such a system? It's a manual water pump. You open a sort of tap (similar to those found on water hoses) and then pump a hand lever that runs horizontally. I noticed it had the words "Agua" on it so one of the former owners must have gotten it from Spain many years ago. So, I wondered if those kinds of systems are still used? I may go so far as to fix it up somehow and restore the system exactly as it was meant to be.

There's an old fashioned word Americans used called "quaint" and I sometimes get that feeling. When I was a kid I used to do caravaning and back then they had the old mantle lights. T.V. was via a car battery. Things have changed a lot in caravaning and boating. Still, I like to sometimes keep boats as they are to reflect the time they were built. I wonder if there were showers using the same system?

My water is pumped manually, well pedally to be pedantic, by a Whale Galley Gusher III and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Most of the hand pumps, which used to be common in boats and caravans before the shurflo's of this world came along, are pretty ineffectual.