Cropredy

Bullfrog

Featured Posts

We are holidaying on the Oxford next year and it could be we are around Cropredy on the Fairport Convention weekend. Whilst we might actually enjoy visiting the gig ourselves, does it cause conjestion/queuing on the canal system?

Hi Bullfrog,

I was thinking about that one myself, haven't been for a few years. Any ideas of line-up yet?

I would suspect that if you want a decent mooring we should aim to arrive a good few days in advance, but I do like the idea of not having to contend with the traffic or the camping fields.

Mole.

PS: Still think that's a brilliant boat name.

Yes Moley

Gig list is available here.

http://www.fairportconvention.com

Excellent site with lots of info except what it's like on the canal!

John o' - I searched for FC on here and only found your post and mine!

With regard to our boat name - it wasn't too difficult since we are in the music business. We dithered a while about Bullfrog themes (it's the name of our shop) and even considered a large Froggy graphic on the cabin-sides, but eventually chose Rallentando as being a tad more tasteful.

Regards

David B

For anyone who don't know wot we're talking about, ‘Rallentando’ is a notation in written sheet music to slow things down. Most appropriate.

Thanks for the link, will keep watch on it for the rest of the weekend, but if Span are on, see you there.

(Mind you, hope they've sent that guitarist back to the Albion Band, saw 'em last year and thought they were dire. Didn't help that Maddy had got a cold.)

Edited by Moley

Yes Moley

Gig list is available here.

http://www.fairportconvention.com

Excellent site with lots of info except what it's like on the canal!

John o' - I searched for FC on here and only found your post and mine!

With regard to our boat name - it wasn't too difficult since we are in the music business. We dithered a while about Bullfrog themes (it's the name of our shop) and even considered a large Froggy graphic on the cabin-sides, but eventually chose Rallentando as being a tad more tasteful.

Regards

David B

Good god thats incredibly strange!!!! I bought my very first guitar from you about 4-5 years ago! You probably wouldn't know who I am, I've not been in very often but you should know my friend Andy hards and his brother and my perhaps my girlfriend Hannah Carpenter (I think she knows your son) or Annie Carpenter from chequer mead. How very odd.

What kinda boat have you got? You mustn't keep it too close by what with the lack of canal.

Edited by Chris Lingwood

Hi Chris

Yes that was us. I still see Andy and Ash often - good customers. Sadly Annie is no longer at Chequer Mead. I hope you were pleased with your guitar - if not please don't say so on here ! :wacko:

Our boat may be seen here -

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...&cmd=si&img=337

- she lives at Cowroast Marina, Tring - about hour and a quarter away - M25 Willing.

Regards

David B