Badsey - back home at alst

c c

Featured Posts

For those following Badseys progress around the Leicestershire ring which started on 2nd November 2009, it is now home at last at Hillmorton. The last leg from Welford through Watford and Braunston Tunnel was single handed boating until Kez came out to help Badsey with local knowledge of shallows, lamp holding for Crick tunnel and windlass weilding at Watford Flight. Thanks Kez and thanks to this forum for the introduction. One word of caution: IF you are going past the new marina works at Yelvertoft, where they have built a dam out of plastic sheet and poles, the canal is full of mangled pieces of rusty iron and chains that a boat which sits as low in the water as Badsey will easily pick up.

welfordtohillmorton3.th.jpg

Pictures are: Kez steering Badsey. (Should have seen the look on her dads face when he saw Badsey cruise past Crick Marina with his daughter at the helm!)

and as I have been swearing about the closure of Braunston Tunnel which prevented us getting home for a many weeks, I took this photo as I emerged from Braunston Tunnel of the truly immense works that are going on there still to eradicate landslip. I had no idea it was such a huge job and I think BW should use the work their men are doing to publicise one place where they are spending money to good and lasting effect.

welfordtohillmorton5.th.jpg

Edited by canalchef