Spray foaming Video?

DHutch

Featured Posts

Slightly odd request but im after a video of some spray foaming.

Theres plenty on youtube but there all of america houses and there spraying 3inchs plus which goes on a bit mess and is then trimed down. Ala:

However im trying to make the case that it could be used on a more controled fashion onto the inside of a train cab end, to achevie a thickness of about an inch without needing much trimming after wards. Just a little around fittings like on a narrowboat.

Otherwise its some lovely photos off of websters site.

Bourne--02.jpg

Also cost wise, quote we have receaved come out at around £12-14 per square meter although people are not unreasonably hesitant to give quote over the phone without seen the geometry and requirments of the job in hand. Does that sit with people experience?

Daniel

Slightly odd request but im after a video of some spray foaming.

Theres plenty on youtube but there all of america houses and there spraying 3inchs plus which goes on a bit mess and is then trimed down. Ala:

However im trying to make the case that it could be used on a more controled fashion onto the inside of a train cab end, to achevie a thickness of about an inch without needing much trimming after wards. Just a little around fittings like on a narrowboat.

Daniel

Daniel,

Don't know if you've seen this one but on the "frothpak" site (sellers of small DIY sprayfoam kits) they have a demo video.

see here

The videos are about buildings (but looks like in UK) and one shows a stud wall being done to what looks like a 1" depth. The firm that did our boat a few months ago (A & K Insulation) did a very even job so that I haven't needed to do much cutting back at all - only really at the edges of battens.

I've tried working out the price I paid on a per Sq metre basis and I make it very roughly £10 per sq m (total price for 60 ft boat with 47 ft cabin was £884).

Richard