Snow on the Lancaster!

County4x4

Featured Posts

A rare treat for us today - we had some snow! We see it most winters across the bay on the southern Lakeland hills, and away to the west on the tops towards Ingleton, but it makes a big change for any to land on us!

Today we got this!

december2009013.jpg

december2009015.jpg

december2009025.jpg

december2009027.jpg

december2009016.jpg

Been out delivering coal and gas to a couple of boats and was certainly glad my Transit is the 4x4 version!

Cheers,

Andy

A rare treat for us today - we had some snow! We see it most winters across the bay on the southern Lakeland hills, and away to the west on the tops towards Ingleton, but it makes a big change for any to land on us!

Andy

Great pictures Andy

Hard life for some eh?!

It didn't actually feel too cold today with very little wind - that would have made a big difference.

Plenty of motorists about without a clue though - lots of revs in first gear isn't usually the recipe for success is it? Several appeared to have come to grief - one came through lights I was waiting at with the majority of the front end missing, and then drove at around 12mph all the way to Lancaster. Okay it had snowed - but it was nowhere near bad enough to call for driving like that. Unless he was still shaken up or something - in which case maybe he would have been better not driving it home at all.

Another car from a local accident came past on a wrecker with the roof having been cut off by the fire brigade. No idea how or why he was going fast enough to warrant having to be cut out of the car - but you see 'em all when it's like this.

Keep warm everyone!

Andy

Easiest way to add photos to almost any internet forum is by using something like photobucket.

Basically:

Go to photobucket dot com and set up an account - all free - nothing to pay at all. Loads of storage space as well to keep your pics.

Follow the instructions there to get started and then upload your pics from your pc to photobucket. You can upload them singly, or browse and select multiple pics from anywhere on your pc.

Your pics will then appear in your photobucket album when you are logged in at photobucket.

Under each pic in your photobucket album there are four links listed. Click on the bottom option (huh?!) Some pc operating systems will copy the link automatically, in which case a little box with "Copied" in it will pop up on the screen. If not then click to highlight the contents of the bottom box, and then copy it.

Return to the forum, and in the message you are composing ready to post, simply paste and the link will appear. DON'T fall into the trap of clicking the "insert image" button in the options at the top of the message box. If you do this, you'll end up with the following when you finally post your message:

Hmmm - the website won't allow me to show what you'll get!!

But basically, you'll get a text link with two sets of tags wrapped round it - and no picture. The reason is you

If I post that link by just simply pasting the bottom box contents I mentioned above, the correct tags are included already and you'll get this instead:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/fastmower_2006/Canal%20stuff/Pic-0003.jpg' alt='Pic-0003.jpg'>

You can use the "preview" button below your message to check it's worked as it should before finally submitting the post.

Hope that helps!

Edited to say that the benefit of using photobucket or similar is the the images are stored on their webspace. If you upload pics direct to the forum, (if indeed you can - never tried it to be honest) the you are using up their webspace and bandwidth every time anyone looks at the pic.

Andy

Edited by County4x4

Easiest way to add photos to almost any internet forum is by using something like photobucket.

Basically:

Go to photobucket dot com and set up an account - all free - nothing to pay at all. Loads of storage space as well to keep your pics.

Follow the instructions there to get started and then upload your pics from your pc to photobucket. You can upload them singly, or browse and select multiple pics from anywhere on your pc.

Your pics will then appear in your photobucket album when you are logged in at photobucket.

Under each pic in your photobucket album there are four links listed. Click on the bottom option (huh?!) Some pc operating systems will copy the link automatically, in which case a little box with "Copied" in it will pop up on the screen. If not then click to highlight the contents of the bottom box, and then copy it.

Return to the forum, and in the message you are composing ready to post, simply paste and the link will appear. DON'T fall into the trap of clicking the "insert image" button in the options at the top of the message box. If you do this, you'll end up with the following when you finally post your message:

Hmmm - the website won't allow me to show what you'll get!!

But basically, you'll get a text link with two sets of tags wrapped round it - and no picture. The reason is you

If I post that link by just simply pasting the bottom box contents I mentioned above, the correct tags are included already and you'll get this instead:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/fastmower_2006/Canal%20stuff/Pic-0003.jpg' alt='Pic-0003.jpg'>

You can use the "preview" button below your message to check it's worked as it should before finally submitting the post.

Hope that helps!

Edited to say that the benefit of using photobucket or similar is the the images are stored on their webspace. If you upload pics direct to the forum, (if indeed you can - never tried it to be honest) the you are using up their webspace and bandwidth every time anyone looks at the pic.

Andy

Brilliant instructions for what I guess will be the most oft question on this or many other forums.

Needs pinning somewhere :lol:

Well someone has to look after you John :lol: :lol:

Just FYI - in this case you SHOULD have used the "insert image" button at the top of the message posting box. So, I right clicked on the pic on your website (where the pic is hosted) then properties, then copied the link you get.

Then back here, click the "insert image" button and pasted the link into the box that pops up. Job done. The only reason you DON'T use the insert image button with the bottom of the four option boxes at photobucket is that the ice%20001.JPG

Andy

Edited by County4x4

DSCF85911.jpg

!st picture up-loaded to the forum. Cheers for the instructions, just hope i can do it again.

Rickmansworth last Friday

WOW! I did it

I am chuffed to bits.

Love this pic so much I've robbed it and it's now my desktop wallpaper.

Hope you dont mind.... :lol:

No problem, pleased to share.

DSCF71021.jpg

Right here we go again just to convince myself i can do it.

Sorry if any one is bored with my excitement but when you have little computer knowledge and age makes the brain less able to accept new learning this is a big step for me.

Picture was Feb this year when i got iced in for 15 days at Buckby top lock, Gd. Union Sth.