Beetroot,Apple and Ginger chutney

Guest wanted

Featured Posts

Just made this Chutney, I love it, sat in the warm, my lady has gone to the pub so I've poured a large port, found the Stilton and crackers and blobbed a healthy lump of this on.

6 largish uncooked beetroot

4 cooking apples

2 onions

handful of grated ginger

3/4 of a bag of soft brown sugar

1 pint of cider vinegar

dice apples,onions and beetroot

Bung all in big pan and bring to the boil, turn to a simmer for about 2 hours until beetroot is softish and then increase the heat to reduce the liquid. Chutney ready when you can draw a wooden spoon across the bottom of the pan and the liquid parts, leaving a clear channel for a few seconds. will firm up when set.

Happy happy joy joy

Edited by wanted

oops, blimey sounds like that's bothered you for a while, I'm a self confessed dyslexic with a reliance on spell checker!

This winter has inspired me to start making chutney and Jam, next up is chilli jam, I'll post it up if successful.

(that had a few wobbly red lines I can tell thee!)

oops, blimey sounds like that's bothered you for a while, I'm a self confessed dyslexic with a reliance on spell checker!

This winter has inspired me to start making chutney and Jam, next up is chilli jam, I'll post it up if successful.

(that had a few wobbly red lines I can tell thee!)

I'm sure you'll get it right, but, even if you don't like it, post anyway, then we can all have a play :lol:

SWMBO is already in the kitchen starting on your chutney :lol:

Edited by johnjo

I'm sure you'll get it right, but, even if you don't like it, post anyway, then we can all have a play :lol:

SWMBO is already in the kitchen starting on your chutney :lol:

Good stuff, let me know how it goes or if you have any new tips! Chilli Jam thread about to be posted! :lol:

• 11 months later...

Just bumping this one up as a reminder for any one wishing to make this for presents. I have just made a batch and I think by xmas it will have matured properly. All my gifts this year have been made onboard, sloe gin, damson gin, rasberry vodka, blackberry vodka, chutney and chilli jam. Still trying to talk miss wanted into letting me build a cider press on board but she's using the old 'space' excuse again! Have fun

Just bumping this one up as a reminder for any one wishing to make this for presents. I have just made a batch and I think by xmas it will have matured properly. All my gifts this year have been made onboard, sloe gin, damson gin, rasberry vodka, blackberry vodka, chutney and chilli jam. Still trying to talk miss wanted into letting me build a cider press on board but she's using the old 'space' excuse again! Have fun

Over the sider with her!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by soldthehouse