Greedy Rinnai

NBMike

Featured Posts

I recently was asked to look at a Rinnai water heater for someone. I diagnosed a few worn parts in the water governor. I last bought these parts in Jan 2007. Including VAT and postage the parts back then came to £24.68. Today to order the same parts they have charged me £49.34. AND they want to charge me 4% for paying with a DEBIT card!!

This is on top of their water heater costing over 20% more than another popular water heater. Even trade I can't get any kind of discount unless I buy more than 10 water heaters costing me over £2000

This is to name and shame them. Be warned - when your water heater goes bang - don't replace it with a RINNAI!

Mike

I recently was asked to look at a Rinnai water heater for someone. I diagnosed a few worn parts in the water governor. I last bought these parts in Jan 2007. Including VAT and postage the parts back then came to £24.68. Today to order the same parts they have charged me £49.34. AND they want to charge me 4% for paying with a DEBIT card!!

This is on top of their water heater costing over 20% more than another popular water heater. Even trade I can't get any kind of discount unless I buy more than 10 water heaters costing me over £2000

This is to name and shame them. Be warned - when your water heater goes bang - don't replace it with a RINNAI!

Mike

It must be horses for courses. I have had a Rinnai for nearly 6 years and have no problems with it, expcept when I forgot to drain the system and I cracked a pipe in the heat exchanger. One phone call and they sent me the heat exchanger. It even produces hot water even when i have ice in my water tank..

Mike

What's the other heater and how much does it cost?

cheers,

Pete.

When my aged Rinnai burst a pipe last year I decided it was less hassle to change the lot, and after scouring the interweb got one from Hamilton Gas Products.

It was the cheapest I could find - I see it's still £184, and it was FOC delivery from NI on 48hrs, or pay for next day.

When my aged Rinnai burst a pipe last year I decided it was less hassle to change the lot, and after scouring the interweb got one from Hamilton Gas Products.

It was the cheapest I could find - I see it's still £184, and it was FOC delivery from NI on 48hrs, or pay for next day.

But you probably reused your existing draught diverter, which would have made up the difference.

But you probably reused your existing draught diverter, which would have made up the difference.

Indeed I did.

I considered taking the opportunity to change, but the quick realisation that I 'knew' the Rinnai, and that replacing like for like was a twenty minute job quickly won me over. :lol:

Edited by Serendipity